5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buying a Rebel. Try these Tools.

CrewDaddy

Reaction score
Updated 12/21/2020 with new info from @Silent Bob! (thanks!)

As someone who researches every purchase to death, I tend to find about every useful website and tool out there before I head to the dealer. I figured I would share what I learned and how I went about it for those members looking to purchase their Rebels. I have no affiliation with any of these sites and am only sharing as a service to others to let my countless hours of research benefit you.

1. www.yourautoadvocate.com : This website allows you to run FREE pricing reports for vehicles by entering the VIN number. It shows the MSRP, Sale Price and days on the lot and includes additional information on how many similar vehicles are within a 50 mile radius, along with their asking prices, and negotiability score. (Hoe eager would the dealer be willing to negotiate). The also provide suggested offers. One pitfall is they pull the same "low advertised price" that may include every available incentive even if you don't qualify. The Father/Son team that runs it also has a YouTube channel where Pops shares his experiences from 43+ years as a automotive salesperson.

YourAutoAdvocate now offers to review your deal for $45 though not sure what is entailed. They also do free reviews in real-time during their weekly live stream every Saturday evening at 7pm EST: https://www.youtube.com/c/YourAutoAdvocate

2. www.findthebestcarprice.com/insider: A sponsor of YAA, this site provides FREE listings of car sales prices and incentives in your area.

3. Edmunds.com 2021 Ram 1500 Lease Deals : This forum provides insider information on the current lease terms for a given model year and trim for your specific zip code. This includes the Money Factor Index (MFI - essentially the interest rate you are borrowing to lease), Residual Factor (percentage of the vehicle value at lease end minus depreciation) and any incentives for your choice in your region. For example, ask for 42/12,000 for a 2021 Rebel in Boston, MA and they will provide numbers like 0.00208 MFI, 56% residual, and $3250 lease incentives. These numbers are for FCA/Chrysler Capital for tier1+ credit but can be used to compare deals from your local banks as well.

4. Once you have the numbers from Edmunds, visit www.leasehackr.com: If you are leasing this site is a must-use. Enter the MSRP, Sale Price, Incentives, dealer fees, etc. months and mileage and figure out if you are getting a good deal from your dealer. You can also reverse-engineer the MFI and Residual factor from your dealer's offer to see how far off the FCA MFI and Residual they are.

5. iseecars.com: This site lists current inventory levels and trends by manufacturer. How many 2020s are still on lots? How many 2021s have arrived? What are the pricing trends for each?

6. RamTrucks.com - obvious one to be sure but make sure to sign up for email/newsletter/alerts. You may receive up to a $1500 private offer incentive towards the purchase or lease of a new Rebel as I did.

7. ( from @Silent Bob) https://fightingchance.com/ - lots of info and offers a car buying service for a fee.

In addition to these sites above, I scraped every local dealer website for every possible incentive or rebate. Own a GM or Nissan in Nov 2020? You would have qualified for another $1500 rebate without even having to trade said GM or Nissan in. There are retail purchase rebates and lease rebates, as well as cash back. Some can be mixed some can't. The $1500 GM/NIssan was open to anyone, but some, like the $1500 private incentive from RamTrucks is specific to a particular individual. These are called Certain Designated Individual Incentives (CDI).

Examples of Incentives from November 2020:
NECMJ$1,500.00Northeast BC GM/Nissan Conquest Bonus Cash
21CMA1$2,500.00Retail Bonus Cash
21CM1$1,000.00National Retail Consumer Cash
32CM1$500.00Retail Consumer Cash
20CM5$500.00Chrysler Capital Bonus Cash
43CMW3$1,500.00RAM Online Private Offer (Coupon)

A reputable dealer will explain what incentives you qualify for as well as which don't. They will also apply them all after the sale price and not as the only means to discount the vehicle.

I'm sure I am forgetting a bunch of stuff. I also have a spreadsheet I used to compare over a dozen trucks in varying configurations which I can share if anyone is interested. I included MSRP, Options packages, fees, etc. so I could compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges so to speak.

Hope this thread helps! Feel free to hit me up with any questions either in the thread or PM. Happy to help!

Last edited:

CrewDaddy

Reaction score
Wondering if I should have posted in a more general forum, Lol.

Moestavern33

Reaction score
As someone who researches every purchase to death, I tend to find about every useful website and tool out there before I head to the dealer. I figured I would share what I learned and how I went about it for those members looking to purchase their Rebels. I have no affiliation with any of these sites and am only sharing as a service to others to let my countless hours of research benefit you.

1. www.yourautoadvocate.com : This website allows you to run FREE pricing reports for vehicles by entering the VIN number. It shows the MSRP, Sale Price and days on the lot and includes additional information on how many similar vehicles are within a 50 mile radius, along with their asking prices, and negotiability score. (Hoe eager would the dealer be willing to negotiate). The also provide suggested offers. One pitfall is they pull the same "low advertised price" that may include every available incentive even if you don't qualify. The Father/Son team that runs it also has a YouTube channel where Pops shares his experiences from 43+ years as a automotive salesperson.

2. www.findthebestcarprice.com/insider: A sponsor of YAA, this site provides FREE listings of car sales prices and incentives in your area.

3. Edmunds.com 2021 Ram 1500 Lease Deals : This forum provides insider information on the current lease terms for a given model year and trim for your specific zip code. This includes the Money Factor Index (MFI - essentially the interest rate you are borrowing to lease), Residual Factor (percentage of the vehicle value at lease end minus depreciation) and any incentives for your choice in your region. For example, ask for 42/12,000 for a 2021 Rebel in Boston, MA and they will provide numbers like 0.00208 MFI, 56% residual, and $3250 lease incentives. These numbers are for FCA/Chrysler Capital for tier1+ credit but can be used to compare deals from your local banks as well.

4. Once you have the numbers from Edmunds, visit www.leasehackr.com: If you are leasing this site is a must-use. Enter the MSRP, Sale Price, Incentives, dealer fees, etc. months and mileage and figure out if you are getting a good deal from your dealer. You can also reverse-engineer the MFI and Residual factor from your dealer's offer to see how far off the FCA MFI and Residual they are.

5. iseecars.com: This site lists current inventory levels and trends by manufacturer. How many 2020s are still on lots? How many 2021s have arrived? What are the pricing trends for each?

6. RamTrucks.com - obvious one to be sure but make sure to sign up for email/newsletter/alerts. You may receive up to a $1500 private offer incentive towards the purchase or lease of a new Rebel as I did.

In addition to these sites above, I scraped every local dealer website for every possible incentive or rebate. Own a GM or Nissan in Nov 2020? You would have qualified for another $1500 rebate without even having to trade said GM or Nissan in. There are retail purchase rebates and lease rebates, as well as cash back. Some can be mixed some can't. The $1500 GM/NIssan was open to anyone, but some, like the $1500 private incentive from RamTrucks is specific to a particular individual. These are called Certain Designated Individual Incentives (CDI).

A reputable dealer will explain what incentives you qualify for as well as which don't. They will also apply them all after the sale price and not as the only means to discount the vehicle.

I'm sure I am forgetting a bunch of stuff. I also have a spreadsheet I used to compare over a dozen trucks in varying configurations which I can share if anyone is interested. I included MSRP, Options packages, fees, etc. so I could compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges so to speak.

Hope this thread helps! Feel free to hit me up with any questions either in the thread or PM. Happy to help!
Hi, Thank you for this post. I’m curious about the “6.” you mentioned from ramtrucks.com. I signed up for the email newsletter. Is receiving this offer just pure luck or did I not do something correctly?
Thanks,
Matt

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I received a $500 rebate from Ram by requesting a brochure via good old USPS mail and was fortunate to receive it at time of purchase. I did this for my my Dad and he also received it back when purchasing my Ram. Did it recently and received the same rebate. It is time sensitive and limited to you or from I what remember a person in the household. Doesn't hurt to give it a shot. I would try a 4-6 week window before purchase. Wish I could be more specific, perhaps anyone who tries this can have a better "record" of particulars (i.e. date requested, date received and applicable dates).

CrewDaddy

Reaction score
MoesTavern33, I'm not sure if it was random or not. I do know I got it in Chrome and Safari with two different redemption codes. I switched to Safari because the configurator tool wasn't working correctly on Chrome. Both were $1500 but I think they vary from $500 to as much as $3000 depending on which model you were looking at online. I also disabled my ad-blocker on the RAM site so the tracking cookies would recognize me as a repeat visitor so maybe that helped?

Moestavern33

Reaction score
MoesTavern33, I'm not sure if it was random or not. I do know I got it in Chrome and Safari with two different redemption codes. I switched to Safari because the configurator tool wasn't working correctly on Chrome. Both were $1500 but I think they vary from $500 to as much as $3000 depending on which model you were looking at online. I also disabled my ad-blocker on the RAM site so the tracking cookies would recognize me as a repeat visitor so maybe that helped?
Still trying to get the offer. I’ll try disabling the ad-blocker. Maybe that’s the ticket. Appreciate the info.

CrewDaddy

Reaction score
Try Chrome in Incognito mode? I'm still getting the popup but now it's to sign up for the offer.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 10.59.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 10.59.09 AM.png
    196.8 KB · Views: 24

Moestavern33

Reaction score
Try Chrome in Incognito mode? I'm still getting the popup but now it's to sign up for the offer.
I got it. I turned ON “request desktop websites” in safari settings on my phone and it came up instantly. Thank you very much for your help. Much appreciated. 🥳

Matt

Attachments

• D0258AFB-87E7-42AA-A738-60C96A57DFC8.png
    D0258AFB-87E7-42AA-A738-60C96A57DFC8.png
    165.7 KB · Views: 17

edgarrian

Reaction score
Thats informative. I certainly didnt go to those lengths when purchasing mine. I feel like people either have the ability to negotiate or they dont. Simply walking away is a good choice at times and it doesn't always work. Ive only had a call back twice after walking out. Which of either still didnt lead to a sale. IM not afraid to ask for anything. Free oil changes, money off, money for my time of just being there as it is a lengthy process. Rebates and accessories that i may want.

Im 43 and I went with dad when he would purchase a vehicle. So i have somewhat learned from him on how to go about it. I work with several people in there 30s who dont negotiate the price. One guy said if he likes the dealer and the salesman. Then he simply purchases the vehicle. Thats the salesman job is to create a relationship with the customer in a few minutes. Another gentlemen was telling me his story about looking for a 4x4 that he wanted after getting the approval from his wife. He found one from his home state and purchased it. I asked what there asking price was and what he got it for. His reply was..... what do you mean. I paid the asking price. He didnt even know he could negotiate the sale of a truck. My reaction was that of a huge palm smack to my face.

Thats when i realized there are a lot of people who dont negotiate. I dont think the younger generation likes how it can make the encounter uncomfortable. To each there own I guess.

CrewDaddy

Reaction score
Yup, most people don't know/want to negotiate. Me, I want the most for my hard-earned dollars and I'm not afraid to do the legwork to make that happen. I'm also not afraid to help others :)

blackgtprix

Reaction score
Did you lease or buy your rebel?

I worked multiple different dealers to try and get the best price. All said and done I got a 2021 rebel midnight edition, 65.5k MSRP, 36/12k lease $1,000 DAS $540 per month.

CrewDaddy

Reaction score
@blackgtprix, I leased a brand new 2020 (9 mi) and used my equity in my 2016 Tacoma trade to buy down the payments. $55655 MSRP, $45643 sale price after rebates/incentives, another $5500 over what I owed on my trade, $1750 out of pocket for first month, taxes and fees as I didn't want to finance those. Got 42 months, 12,000 miles. $365/mo. It was only $2 more a month than my Tacoma!

Did you go through Chrysler Financial or a dealer-supplied leasing company?

blackgtprix

Reaction score
@blackgtprix, I leased a brand new 2020 (9 mi) and used my equity in my 2016 Tacoma trade to buy down the payments. $55655 MSRP, $45643 sale price after rebates/incentives, another $5500 over what I owed on my trade, $1750 out of pocket for first month, taxes and fees as I didn't want to finance those. Got 42 months, 12,000 miles. $365/mo. It was only $2 more a month than my Tacoma!

Did you go through Chrysler Financial or a dealer-supplied leasing company?
Mine was thru ally financial. They had the best residual, and incentives. If I recall correctly the residual was 78%.
I believe chrysler capital was around $650 per month.

edgarrian

Reaction score
Well i need to expand the people who negotiate and dont. Had a xmas dinner conversation with my wife's brother and his wife. Apparent he went and picked out a truck and paid sticker. His wife was giving him ****. This becomes more and more amazing to me.

Users who are viewing this thread