5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

buying a new ram 1500 fully loaded

gramma

Reaction score
what is the difference between the trailer tow group and a sticker that says class iv receiver hitch and trailer brake control?

Awood05

Reaction score
I‘m a bit new to RAM so I could be wrong or incomplete, but I believe the Tow Group has the additions of Trailer Tow Mirrors and a Trailer Backup Assist System. (Basically a knob that you use to steer the truck when backing up a trailer.)

I’m sure other, more RAM experienced, people will chime in and help.

Good luck on your RAM purchase. Post some photos if/when you get it!

PM-Performance

Reaction score
tow group gives you advanced towing stuff like their version of the backup control for the steering wheel, trailer lighting checks, maybe some advanced trailer monitoring and maybe tow mirrors, but I believe those are separate.

If you are not a hardcore tower, you will not even notice the diff without it. Even if you are a hardcore tower, not sure how many people really buy this package anyway. Its nice, but deff not needed

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum . The trailer tow group gives you the trailer brake controller , back up assist and trailer tow mirrors .

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Compare the tow mirrors to the regular mirrors. There were issues when people ordered the tow group over the mirrors. I believe they had to be manually folded and did not have the defrost feature plus I believe they are larger. This was a cause of irritation for some on the forum. If you order just the trailer brake controller versus the package you will get the regular mirrors. I am not sure what Ram is doing to the tow mirrors with new models.
Special thanks to those who posted this information years ago and helped me avoid the tow mirrors.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
Compare the tow mirrors to the regular mirrors. There were issues when people ordered the tow group over the mirrors. I believe they had to be manually folded and did not have the defrost feature plus I believe they are larger. This was a cause of irritation for some on the forum. If you order just the trailer brake controller versus the package you will get the regular mirrors. I am not sure what Ram is doing to the tow mirrors with new models.
Special thanks to those who posted this information years ago and helped me avoid the tow mirrors.
Honestly, so far I am happy with the mirrors. I think they are shaped just right and far enough out, that I fine without tow mirrors.
My f150 mirrors were fairly terrible though so I ordered tow mirrors for the new one.
We will see how I feel about them with my boat out back when warm out, but I have a feeling I will love them.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
I believe you still get 360 degree camera if you get the towing package in 2021 Rams. My 2020 towing mirrors got rid of the 360 camera.
These towing mirrors are of no value to me as the biggest load I haul is a bed full of wood, tools or disappointment. They are definitely out there so if you do tow frequently I am sure they’re helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread