5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buying 1st truck - advice on bed length

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Now this is "balanced" and "classic" with a good looking RAM 1500 in the background...

Attachments

• IMG_3732.jpeg
    IMG_3732.jpeg
    228.6 KB · Views: 19

strinos

Reaction score
So see how it got a CPO designation being that trashed. There is a required inspection they have to complete to get CPO
The dealer who was working with me was as shocked as I was. When I got in and said "Whoa - that doesn't smell good" he replied "Uh no. Not at all." He was the least enthusiastic dealer I've ever talked to. In fact, it almost seemed like he didn't want to even try selling me the truck.

The white stitching on the center console was black...indiscernible from the black leather dash.

The interior that I got into was unacceptable. I didn't understand how it could be a CPO on a CDJ dealer's lot.

strinos

Reaction score
Red flags for sure. Not always, but most of the time the inside is not taken care of, neither is anything else. You probably saved yourself a lot of headaches down the road. Keep looking, you’ll find something eventually.
For sure. As soon as I sat inside, I knew this was someone's work truck from the looks and smell. Which is probably why I wasn't surprised to see a decked drawer system in the bed as well.

All good. That'll be good for someone, but I just didn't want to buy someone's old work truck. I am looking for something a little cleaner.

All good. I am happy I saw it and drove it. Now I know I want a laramie crew cab with 6'4" bed. Haha. Will certainly be hard to find, but I'm in no rush.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I agree about the interior looking pretty beat up, even in those lower res pics. But that truck does have three things going for it if I was looking for a used Ram 1500...
It's a rare color
It has the multi-function tailgate
It doesn't have etorque

PetePA

Reaction score
Lol yeah for 37k miles they either carted around werewolves in that back seat or didn't know how to keep their kids behaved.

strinos

Reaction score
I agree about the interior looking pretty beat up, even in those lower res pics. But that truck does have three things going for it if I was looking for a used Ram 1500...
It's a rare color
It has the multi-function tailgate
It doesn't have etorque
33 gallon tank too.

That's the first time I had tried the multi-function tailgate. I thought it's a very practical concept, but something just didn't feel as solid/secure about it. Not sure if that's how it comes off the assembly line, or if it was due to wear/tear. In the end, I think I'd prefer not having it. Seems like just another thing to potentially break.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
33 gallon tank too.

That's the first time I had tried the multi-function tailgate. I thought it's a very practical concept, but something just didn't feel as solid/secure about it. Not sure if that's how it comes off the assembly line, or if it was due to wear/tear. In the end, I think I'd prefer not having it. Seems like just another thing to potentially break.
Ours has been used a lot in the 4 years we've owned the truck. It's showing no signs of anything wearing out. That and the Ramboxes are my two favorite features of our truck. But it's your choice of course. (y)

RVTRKN

Reaction score
I don't like either Ram Box or Multi Function tail gate, but to each his own.

strinos

Reaction score
As I’ve been talking to a bunch of guys who drive Rams as I decide what to buy , I have asked people’s opinions of the rambox. Seems like people either love them or hate them. No in between.

things I’ve heard:
- they’re awesome. Can’t live without them.
- no regrets
- they don’t take up that much room and they’re secure.
- cool in theory, but less functional in practice
- take up too much bed space and too far to reach over from the side of the bed
- tonneau covers look goofy.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As I’ve been talking to a bunch of guys who drive Rams as I decide what to buy , I have asked people’s opinions of the rambox. Seems like people either love them or hate them. No in between.

things I’ve heard:
- no regrets
Bad if your a pack rat.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

things I’ve heard:
- no regrets
The only negative I‘ll concede about them is if you want to use a topper (canopy). there’s not many options for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online