5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buyer beware on readylift 3.5 on rebel

tonka146

Reaction score
So I bought the 3.5 readylift with new uca's and ended up taking a chunk out of my lower control arm. The kit wasn't made for the 5th gen with an off road package. I ended up going with the fabtech 3 inch for the rebel and couldn't be more happier. Now I made the bad choice of getting 33's where I should have gotten the 35 ridge grapplers.

Americantruck04

Reaction score
So I bought the 3.5 readylift with new uca's and ended up taking a chunk out of my lower control arm. The kit wasn't made for the 5th gen with an off road package. I ended up going with the fabtech 3 inch for the rebel and couldn't be more happier. Now I made the bad choice of getting 33's where I should have gotten the 35 ridge grapplers.
How long have you had the fabtech kit on?

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I started a thread a while back to let people know that with the Off Road package or rebel, you most likely cannot use the front preload spacer. Ready lift has also added a warning to the website finally that lists what measurements are needed before installing. Taking a chunk out of the control arm sounds like a backspace issue and should not of been from the lift. Were you able to determine what caused that? Did ready lift do anything to help resolve or refund?

clazer

Reaction score
Would be very curious to see any pics of the chunk removed from the lower arm.

tonka146

Reaction score
I started a thread a while back to let people know that with the Off Road package or rebel, you most likely cannot use the front preload spacer. Ready lift has also added a warning to the website finally that lists what measurements are needed before installing. Taking a chunk out of the control arm sounds like a backspace issue and should not of been from the lift. Were you able to determine what caused that? Did ready lift do anything to help resolve or refund?
yeah with the kit that i bought from american trucks it didnt have the updated instructions that said to measure from the center hub to the wheel well. backspacing wasnt the cause it was because that i put the preload spacer and the tophat on the front shocks, which caused the droop stop on the wheel to hit the lower control arm on a full turn. readylift didnt do anything since i didnt purchase it from them, but american trucks allowed me to return it with a full refund and give me half of what i was charged for the installation and alignment.

clazer

Reaction score
Sounds like a good resolution, but there is a chunk missing from your lower control arm and you haven’t taken a picture?

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yeah with the kit that i bought from american trucks it didnt have the updated instructions that said to measure from the center hub to the wheel well. backspacing wasnt the cause it was because that i put the preload spacer and the tophat on the front shocks, which caused the droop stop on the wheel to hit the lower control arm on a full turn. readylift didnt do anything since i didnt purchase it from them, but american trucks allowed me to return it with a full refund and give me half of what i was charged for the installation and alignment.
Glad to hear they resolved it. Post some pics of the new kit as well as the control arm if you can

tonka146

Reaction score
Pics of the truck

Attachments

• 20201013_180020.jpg
    20201013_180020.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 107
  • 20201013_180029.jpg
    20201013_180029.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 106

jabara572

Reaction score

If you're talking about where the bumpstop hits the lower control arm, you know its completely normal to have some wear there.... even on stock suspensions. If it bothers you quit cranking the wheel as hard as it'll go

Users who are viewing this thread