5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buy at one dealer, service at another

Golferboy

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am planning to purchase one of these great trucks at the end of the year. I live in Central Texas and have access to probably 10 dealers within a 3 hour drive. What are the rules about getting a vehicle serviced at a different dealer than the one it was purchased from? Is it a problem to do that? In addition, even if Ram says no problem, will the dealers treat me differently if I bring in a truck for warranty work if I bought it from a competing dealer?

Thanks!

D

Deleted member 85

Hi all,
I am planning to purchase one of these great trucks at the end of the year. I live in Central Texas and have access to probably 10 dealers within a 3 hour drive. What are the rules about getting a vehicle serviced at a different dealer than the one it was purchased from? Is it a problem to do that? In addition, even if Ram says no problem, will the dealers treat me differently if I bring in a truck for warranty work if I bought it from a competing dealer?

Thanks!
Service anywhere unless you purchase a dealership specific maintenance plan (which you shouldn't.)

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As stated you could easily buy out of State yet service locally. They are making their money no matter what.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also, the service and sales departments don’t really communicate with one another. Be sure to look at the service specials for the dealership you will use.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like my prior dealership that I bought my 14 from but this time they didn’t have what I was looking for so I bought elsewhere. I’ll still go back to the original and they’ll be happy to take my money or the manufacturer’s warranty money.

Vanguard27

Reaction score
I buy all of my cars from a friend of mine, who is about 2 hours away, I get them serviced localy.. no issues, the 3/36 and the 5/100 are nationwide, any ram dealer

jmr

Reaction score
You go where the deals are and get them serviced locally.
In my case bought the Bighorn 55 miles away in Illinois and get it serviced by a dealer 2 miles away.

jschneider910

Reaction score
They will absolutely service it and honor the warranty at any Ram dealer.

You may run into trouble with loaners- when I had an Audi, my local (still an hour away) dealer would only offer loaners to people that bought their car there- complete BS in my opinion since they're making money regardless and loaners are a great way to bring sales in.

I bought my Ram and intend to have it serviced at the dealer 3 minutes from my house so I didn't ask about their loaner policy.

Users who are viewing this thread