5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

But it's a Raptor!

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know it's not a 5th gen, but I couldn't resist. Brand new truck, and very typical of the Raptor drivers I see around me.

Attachments

• Raptor.jpg
    Raptor.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 494

Skater

Reaction score
I know it's not a 5th gen, but I couldn't resist. Brand new truck, and very typical of the Raptor drivers I see around me.
What was that old saying creating an axiom from the F-O-R-D acronym? Oh, yeah, Found Off Road Dead. But, wait, I drive an F-150 until my Ram gets to Tejas! I just don't drive it into the muck. :LOL: :LOL:

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't they have a diff lock or brake line locking? No winch.

Honestly not much is getting you out of that much pit. A winch to that handy tree, but you might break stuff, or a tow, provided the person yanking you out doesn't actually yank and rip you/their truck in half.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
He didn't check that it was actually a mud hole and just drove right in. A 2.5 ton pulled him out.

Bellaireroad

Reaction score
Should’ve gone straight through, probably would’ve made it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Someone else browses reddit it looks like! I couldn't believe they took that truck through that!

RAM5

Reaction score
Wow! Well, looks like who ever else was there in a vehicle drove around the mud pit.. I don’t see any vehicle tracks at the beginning or end of that Pit.
do y’all?

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nope...just common sense

He would have sunk the truck if he went straight into it. He said that he didn't even know it was a pit and thought it was just a bit more mud. That's what you get for buying a Raptor without ever offroading before, and then taking it into a place you haven't even walked/depth checked.

I just said that because it was posted there too.

That's where I pulled it from, you nailed it. He had a few videos on IG too showing the 2.5 ton pulling him out.

Bellaireroad

Reaction score
He would have sunk the truck if he went straight into it.

Maybe, maybe not. The left front doesn’t seem to be that deep in... unless he’s high center. But, like you say,always good to check first
That pit looks like somebody cut it in with a backhoe for the specific purpose of driving your truck through it, or not driving your truck through it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I drive around puddles personally, you never know how deep they are
1594380138414.png

Users who are viewing this thread