5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bushwacker OE Flare Picture Request

tobyw

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a set of the Bushwacker OE style flares? I've seen a lot of the pocket style and the AXT style, but neither of those are what I'm after...

OC.13

Reaction score
I'm interested in the OE. Style as well. Hopefully someone will post some pics.

tobyw

Reaction score
I reached out to BW and they sent me these pictures of their OE flares:

OC.13

Reaction score
Not bad. Definitely would need to be painted to match body for my truck. Thanks tobyw for doing the leg work!

tobyw

Reaction score
I agree they don't look too bad. I'm somewhat hesitant about just ordering actual factory OEM flares because they require holes in the fenders that non-equipped trucks don't have... I'm not opposed to drilling the holes but I see getting the layout accurate as a potential nightmare, and I'm leery of the idea of using 3M tape instead because I don't want it coming undone and leaving a gap?

OC.13

Reaction score
I agree they don't look too bad. I'm somewhat hesitant about just ordering actual factory OEM flares because they require holes in the fenders that non-equipped trucks don't have... I'm not opposed to drilling the holes but I see getting the layout accurate as a potential nightmare, and I'm leery of the idea of using 3M tape instead because I don't want it coming undone and leaving a gap?
I have read several threads on here about many that have had success cutting the attachment retainers and useing 3M tape in place of the retainer. I too am leary of the idea, I work in the auto body industry, and often if things are not just right the 3M tape fails. I have seen it time and again, on the other hand I have experienced trying to remove body side moldings, flares, etc. that were attached with tape, that seemed almost impossible to remove. Like anything I think it depends on the time one takes on the install.
The bushwacker OEM may be a good option, less hassle.

tobyw

Reaction score
I'm waiting to hear back from BW on what splash guards they recommend that are compatible with their flares? That is one benefit to the factory OEM flares, both MOPAR and Weathertech have legitimate solutions for splash guards...

Users who are viewing this thread