5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bushwacked!

abooboo

Reaction score
Ordered Bushwacker's oem fender flares for 2022 Ram 1500 Lonestar with night package. Front went on like a boss, rear not soo much. Would not fit over spat at front of wheelwell. Took spat off(breaking clips while doing so) and it fit perfect. Even had my wife help hold flare in place while I got underneath to try and make it fit. It bows out leaving huge gap at bottom front of flare. I have already initiated a return with Amazon, but would like them to work. Anybody else run into this.Hate to ask for help on my second post but am at a loss. Any help greatly appreciated.

banditsc

Reaction score
The spats in the front and rear are different for the trucks with OEM fender flares, so the Laramie and up. Guessing those flares are designed for use with trucks that have factor flares. The new spats are not that expensive, or at least were not when I bought them years ago. Though, if I recall the rear spat is for the rear of the wheel well, should be able to search the part number for a diagram.

68349566AB Spat Front Right
68349567AB Spat Front Left
68307196AA Spat Rear Right
68307197AA Spat Rear Left

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I believe the instructions say to remove those. I have those same ones from Bushwacker and had no issues with installing them by myself.

abooboo

Reaction score
I'm talking about the ones toward the front of the wheelwell. I already found a new one on ebay. I not talking about the splash shield. attached a pic. 20220407_173046.jpg

abooboo

Reaction score
The spats in the front and rear are different for the trucks with OEM fender flares, so the Laramie and up. Guessing those flares are designed for use with trucks that have factor flares. The new spats are not that expensive, or at least were not when I bought them years ago. Though, if I recall the rear spat is for the rear of the wheel well, should be able to search the part number for a diagram.

68349566AB Spat Front Right
68349567AB Spat Front Left
68307196AA Spat Rear Right
68307197AA Spat Rear Left
thanks for the parts numbers. I already found one on ebay.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just checked the instructions and it says to remove the front one off the rear wheel wheel. Even in the pictures you can see it is removed.

Users who are viewing this thread