5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bumper Plugs Available

derp

Reaction score
I did the chrome plugs from lowes.

for colored bumpers, get a paint touch up pen and you can make them match pretty easily.

Saints

Reaction score
For what it’s worth mine ended up peeling off from regular washing so in the end it wasn’t worth it.

ram0686

Reaction score
For what it’s worth mine ended up peeling off from regular washing so in the end it wasn’t worth it.
Same here. Peeled from normal hand washing too. Suppose to get a new set.. but they never arrived!

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where did you end up getting yours from?
Local body shop painted them for me. Same guy made me plugs in B5 Blue to cover the holes left when I swapped over to the Hellcat spoiler on my Charger. Those are going on 4 years with no peeling.

t76turbo

Reaction score
Same here. Peeled from normal hand washing too. Suppose to get a new set.. but they never arrived!

SO I am not alone........

I have had 2 of the 4 loose the paint out of the clear blue sky. I only noticed it when washing my truck the other day. Only one was missing the paint. By the time I finished washing anothers paint had popped off. All hand washing. Never seen a automated car wash.

I pm'd cobrar97 and got no response but he has posted in threads since then. I know they werent super expensive so I am guessing he thinks people will just cut their losses. Which is unfortunate.

ram0686

Reaction score
SO I am not alone........

I have had 2 of the 4 loose the paint out of the clear blue sky. I only noticed it when washing my truck the other day. Only one was missing the paint. By the time I finished washing anothers paint had popped off. All hand washing. Never seen a automated car wash.

I pm'd cobrar97 and got no response but he has posted in threads since then. I know they werent super expensive so I am guessing he thinks people will just cut their losses. Which is unfortunate.

I'm going to more than likely remove them, sand them, and apply the Billet Silver Touch Up Paint I bought. I'll also hit them with some clear coat paint too for extra protection. I'll report back! I agree that they weren't terribly expensive, but if I do something to sell to people, I do my best to give them a quality product.

t76turbo

Reaction score
I'm going to more than likely remove them, sand them, and apply the Billet Silver Touch Up Paint I bought. I'll also hit them with some clear coat paint too for extra protection. I'll report back! I agree that they weren't terribly expensive, but if I do something to sell to people, I do my best to give them a quality product.

Agreed. I even asked the seller when I first got them if they were even cleared because they didnt look or feel like it. He said they were. But I am starting to believe they were not.

Did you find touch up paint in spray or only in brush on? I know you can find clear in spray. I have the ivory tri coat so I may be screwed getting a spray for that.

ram0686

Reaction score
Agreed. I even asked the seller when I first got them if they were even cleared because they didnt look or feel like it. He said they were. But I am starting to believe they were not.

Did you find touch up paint in spray or only in brush on? I know you can find clear in spray. I have the ivory tri coat so I may be screwed getting a spray for that.

I got the pen / brush applicator. I saw a Billet Silver Mopar Spray on Amazon. Ivory Tri Coat maybe a special blend?

Myk5486

Reaction score
I did the chrome plugs from lowes.

for colored bumpers, get a paint touch up pen and you can make them match pretty easily.
I have the chrome bumper also, do you know where in Lowes you got the plugs?

Myk5486

Reaction score
At both Lowe's and Home Depot, they are in the screw/bolt isle in the area with all the drawers. There's a pic on the front of the drawer. No painting needed-I installed mine in the parking lot.
Perfect, thank you so much!

19ramsport

Reaction score
my red plugs are peeling too that I got from this guy. Guess I will try to touch them up myself.

Users who are viewing this thread