5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bumper mounted light bar for 1500 limited with the one piece faux mesh lower grill

Thundersnow

Reaction score
I cannot for the life of me find info anywhere on the web for how to do this. I’m looking for some guidance on how to mount a 20” light bar in my bumper without having to cut 20” of plastic out of my bumper. Has anyone here done this to the one piece lower bumper mesh? Seems all the install vids online are for the 2 piece, mesh with the back plate. If I order the open front mesh only from mopar will it fit? I don’t want to cut my truck up. Thanks in advance!

On_Boooost

Reaction score
If you do not want to cut the stock mesh - (I didn't - i wanted a stock look) Order the Mopar part for the diesel - - its about $40 in the US.
Then buy a number of kits - (Rough Country is what i used) and mount it behind.
Look stock - Doesn't stick out.
I am very happy with mine -but wasn't able to route a seperate switch inside - so they come on with my Highs.
YMMV

Thundersnow

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I’ll call the dealer in the morning for the part number. I’m using switch pros for all my aux power needs. Check them out! Do you know if just the brackets can be purchased from rough country? I don’t want their light bar.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is the part number i used and order thru ebay. Based on another member posting the info.
Will find out if it fits tomorrow
I believe rc website also has the info on this same part needed
Screenshot_20220327-095217_Samsung Internet.jpg

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Check Shifts & grins website. I can’t remember if you can order the mesh piece through there or not, but has the rest of the stuff to make it easy with all of the info on how it looks with the different trims. They just posted it on the forums on their TRX build the other day also.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread