5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bumper dent

b.courtney001

Reaction score
I ha e a dent in my front bumper. Are these metal or hard plastic. Anyone have a good trick to pop this out? IMG_1868.jpg
IMG_1867.jpg
IMG_1866.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is a steel metal formed bumper least an 1/8” thick, there is no way you are going to knock that dent out. the cheap fix is to mount a front vanity license plate, the expensive one is to replace the front bumper.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That is a steel metal formed bumper least an 1/8” thick, there is no way you are going to knock that dent out. the cheap fix is to mount a front vanity license plate, the expensive one is to replace the front bumper.
I didn’t know the Sport had metal bumpers . I learned something today .

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That dent can be removed but it won't be a quick and easy fix. It may not come out perfect either. That part is heavier than the body panels, but it's still fairly thin. A PDR guy that knows what he's doing might be willing to pound it out from the backside, but the thickness of the metal will require more traditional metal work, so PDR tool won't be easy to use. As an old PDR guy, I would say that a soft blow hammer and a rounded piece of wood will make this look so much better. Do not expect perfection though.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Looks like more than just the dent in the bumper. I'm also seeing paint and trim damage in those pics. I assume you're trying to avoid an insurance claim. Even at 15+ months of ownership, my truck is still too new to not have something like that repaired correctly. Good luck with the repair attempt.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
It's metal. And it's pretty tough. Based on my experience, I'd say your choices are: have it pounded out, bondo-ed, and sprayed, or replace it. Either way it's coming off. And if you have the plastic air dam underneath, just getting that off is a PITA!
DSC05429.JPG

b.courtney001

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Had a pdr guy give me a quote at 350. Might give him a try. I do have a license plate bracket that goes over it so if I can get most of the damage out I think it will be good. Trucks getting a detail job Friday so I took the bracket off so they get it all.

Last edited:

NWRogue

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Had a pdr guy give me a quote at 350. Might give him a try. I do have a license plate bracket that goes over it so if I can get most of the damage out I think it will be good. Trucks getting a detail job Friday so I took the bracket off so they get it all.

Wait, your detail shop doesn't take your license plates and brackets off for you before they wash it? I must be spoiled, I didn't even have to ask. And he comes to me. :)

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like a good reason to upgrade to a new bumper 😝. You ain't denting this sucker...

F146256797.jpg

b.courtney001

Reaction score
Wait, your detail shop doesn't take your license plates and brackets off for you before they wash it? I must be spoiled, I didn't even have to ask. And he comes to me. :)

Im not sure so I did it anyway.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score

Wait, you guys have detail guys? :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread