5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Built to Serve

Vasa1

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I’m thinking of trading in my 19 Sierra limited for a ram bts edition. Are these a limited build? My local dealer here in Winnipeg Manitoba has one with all the options I’m looking for except one thing, the colour. It’s tank. It’s ok but still unsure if I could live with it. How many of you have bought one in this colour and are you still liking it? Also I’ve read that these sit higher than normal bighorns, true? I would like to have 285/60-20 tires installed at purchase. Will they fit? Thx.

afphinfan

Reaction score
Welcome, I haven’t researched these but I read they only released so many of each, the colors were mated to the specific service they honored. As an AF vet, I thought it was kind of cool but in the end it wasn’t what I was looking for. You would definitely have a unique truck, good luck.

woodey

Reaction score
I have had my Tank BTS for 3 weeks and love the color. I have several comments from others and all have been positive. That being said if I was unsure of the color of a new truck I probably wouldn't buy it. The production of this color was limited to 1,000. It is lifted 1" from the factory. Good luck with your decision.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, the Built to Serves are a limited edition. Ram did five releases for each branch of the armed forces. Ram offered two colors per release, one regular color from their line-up and one low volume color. The number of units produced per color, per release varies, but it’s been about 1,000 units each.

Ram did one release at a time, and once the total number of units of that release are produced, that is it. The colors aren’t available anymore. Currently, dealers have the Flame Red and Tank units on their lots. Some still have trucks from the previous release which was Billet Silver and Anvil. The final release is the Coast Guard release which will include Bright White and Spitfire Orange. You might still be able to order a Bright White unit, but I don’t believe Spitfire can be ordered anymore. The coast guard release has the lowest production numbers of all the releases. These trucks haven’t entered production yet, but should be fairly soon.

If you were looking for any of the initial colors (Gator, Black, Ceramic Gray, or Patriot Blue), those are no longer available.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And yes, if you get a 4x4, it’ll come with the Off-Road Group which includes an increased ride height of 1-inch. And a 285/60R20 will fit. You’d maybe have to level the front end.

I got my Ceramic Gray BTS last summer and love it. I’ve only seen one other one on the road, so it’s awesome having a limited edition truck/color that you don’t see everyday.

I’m considering doing the same tire that you’ve mentioned, the 285/60R20. I feel the stock tires look way too small for the truck. I have the Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks that I’ll be putting on the front to level it out.

Users who are viewing this thread