5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Built to serve wheels on Granite Crystal?

Scooter29

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has thrown a set on a granite crystal ram. Wonder if it will be too much grey or look ok. Thanks

KiloFive

Reaction score
Quick photoshop 'cause I had the same question... I'm not thrilled with it. The BTS wheels are just a little too light compared to the Crystal Granite...

Bothinwheels.jpg

KiloFive

Reaction score
Was wondering the same thing. Not sure i hate it though. Thanks for the photo shop. It really helps

You're welcome.

You're right, I don't hate it either. I just don't like that colour as much as black wheels. The two different greys make is seem just a little off to my eyes. Good chance it would like nicer in real life with the same lighting. 😄

Scooter29

Reaction score
Thanks for that, I’m with you in the two different grays though. Doesn’t look great to me but could be different in person.

Scooter29

Reaction score
There’s a guy local selling a set with 2600 miles on 285 falken at3w’s for $1200 so it peaked my interest some more but would suck if it ends up looking bad ha.

mophead

Reaction score
Thanks KiloFive. I was wondering about this too. I agree, don't think the two grays look right. As you said they might look better in person. Generally I kinda like the BTS wheels over the Nites. But the pic makes the shadows play games with what the shape looks like, which I hadn't noticed before. I'm not crazy about black for wheels, whether matte, flat or polished. With the Granite Crystal it really becomes too black at least for my taste. Anyways I think I'm back to powdercoating Nites to Granite when I get mine.

KiloFive

Reaction score
Mophead - The shadows on the wheels look weird because it’s not consistent with lighting on the truck. Side-effect of a 2-min photo edit without too much attention to detail. 😆 The style of those wheels in looks quite good in person!

Looking forward to pics of your Nite wheels in granite grey. 👍🏻

mophead

Reaction score
Yes the edit isn't true to life but I think what's caught my eye is the shape. Although it's 2D I still noticed a difference in pattern ( that doesn't jump out to me in 3D) that I'm not liking. I have seen the BTS's in person and compared them with the Nites side by side. I liked the BTS's much better. Unfortunately I didn't look close at the color when I had the chance. I was hot for a Billet BTS then. There was a Nite parked next to it and I liked the look of the colored bumpers much better than all black. I was still thinking Billet and whatever color the wheels were ( heard some call it anthracite) was good for me. Changing color to Granite Crystal mutes the black grille significantly but the wheels still pop. I'm thinking powdering them to Granite will diminish that and balance it for my taste anyways. Definitely don't think I'd paint a Billet trucks wheels Billet though.

Since I'd have to pay for new or swap for BTS's, I think I'd just cut to the chase and have the NITEs powdered. Nothings ever easy for me when it comes to wheels and tires... LOL, thanks again.

Thekidcasual

Reaction score
That photo shop does it no justice the grey is way different I have the bts wheels and seen them on charcoal grey and blue trucks and they look sick. I have th black truck but switch to fuel rebels

Users who are viewing this thread