5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Built to Serve interior - Vinyl Seats

KevinT

Reaction score
New member here. I have a deposit on a 2020 BTS in Patriot Blue (Navy edition) that I am super excited about. [drunken grin from ear to ear excited] It's a used truck with 12k miles and in great shape. (see profile pic)

My only reservation is the vinyl seats (vs. leather). My dad has a 2010 Laramie with leather seats and they are still in great shape after 100K miles. I'm curious how the fabric holds up over time. I'm buying the truck regardless, but inquiring minds want to know. I searched the interior forum for informaiton on the vinyl seats, but I can't find much. Any intel on this is greatly appreciated.

I'm looking forward to learning and contributing here. Years ago I owned a Chrylser 300M in silver and the forum community was spectacular.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I really don't know how long the vinyl seats have been out. I have patriot blue BTS also. It has 20k miles with no concerns. I haul my 2 labs around and no damage/scratches.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The newer materials hold up a lot better than the vinyl seats of the past. Properly cared for they will last just as long as leather

Saddlerocker

Reaction score
We have vinyl in our 4th gen classic rams for work and I really like them. Very durable and super easy to wipe off and clean (Unlike my laramie leather with suede strips everywhere.
They dont seem to crack or wrinkle like the leather from what I have seen.
I would rather have vinyl over cloth for sure all day long.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The vinyl seats with cloth center inserts are pretty attractive looking, so much better than an all-cloth seats and honestly gives the all-leather seats a run for their money. My recent experience with vinyl seats is that they actually don't seem to age as much as real leather, which will form cracks and wear marks over time, good vinyl seats seem to avoid that.

KevinT

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. Sounds like the vinyl will wear well, and are realtively dog-proof. I love the truck and hope to buy it soon, but the title the dealer ordered is lost in the mail (with the election ballots). I can't buy it until the dealer has the title. Frustrating.

bfabian76

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. Sounds like the vinyl will wear well, and are realtively dog-proof. I love the truck and hope to buy it soon, but the title the dealer ordered is lost in the mail (with the election ballots). I can't buy it until the dealer has the title. Frustrating.

if you end up wanting leather and swap to katzins id be interested in buying your covers

Nachotaco

Reaction score
I have similar vinyl / mesh fabric seats in my 2015 sport and love them. They have held up really well over 7000 miles. I've got a bighorn backcountry on order instead of a Laramie just because it has the same seats. They are great.

Nachotaco

Reaction score
Here are my 2015 sport seats with almost 70000 miles. Holding up great. PXL_20220126_215058881.jpg

FatNelson

Reaction score
The interior looks brand new! Thanks for the update on your experience. I definitely think these are the seats for me.

Update - the truck was stolen from the dealer lot. I never purchased it. I'm without a Ram so the search continues and BTS editions are tough to find.
I feel like this person is an even extra form of low life for steeling a BTS edition truck. He must need it to tote around his haul from the kid coat drive he knocked over.

keithc85

Reaction score
I feel like this person is an even extra form of low life for steeling a BTS edition truck. He must need it to tote around his haul from the kid coat drive he knocked over.
🤣So much meme opportunity with that one. Haven’t figured out how to post those.

keithc85

Reaction score
The interior looks brand new! Thanks for the update on your experience. I definitely think these are the seats for me.

Update - the truck was stolen from the dealer lot. I never purchased it. I'm without a Ram so the search continues and BTS editions are tough to find.
I might have just bought the only one for sale. I’ve been searching for awhile and only ever saw the one we are getting shipped to us.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I know of a couple built to serves that will be on the lot soon, next month or so.

Redfour5

Reaction score
The newer materials hold up a lot better than the vinyl seats of the past. Properly cared for they will last just as long as leather
I have the BTS and the seats are noticably tough compared to my 15 and those were pretty good even after six years and it's tough to tell the difference between leather and the vinyl. We have the leather in a Cherokee. Oh, the BTS seats look good also...

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I found a set of BTS seat covers on eBay last summer and jumped on them. They replaced my cloth seats on my 2019 Bighorn. They have been absolutely awesome and look so much better than the cloth. They have held up very well so far, over 5000 miles later.

KevinT

Reaction score
I might have just bought the only one for sale. I’ve been searching for awhile and only ever saw the one we are getting shipped to us.
I think so. I've been searching for a bit and they are very difficult to find. I found a 2021 BTS ceramic gray in Illinois, but no heated seats/steering wheel. I think those were cut due to Pandemic production/micro processor issues. Living in Michigan, those are required. The search continues...

Users who are viewing this thread