5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Built to Serve Edition Question

Ages

Reaction score
Can Built to Serve editions be ordered with Ram Boxes and a Bed Utility Pkg?

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
BTS can be ordered with any other normal Big Horn option, so yes (at least according to the online build & price).

njt07

Reaction score
looking at a ”fully loaded” big horn, why isnt there an option for ram boxes? Trying to find out the differences between a fully loaded Big Horn and limited, aside from the leather and ventilated seats what else would I be missing?

Also the 2020 build and price doesnt even have a big horn or an option for built to serve.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
looking at a ”fully loaded” big horn, why isnt there an option for ram boxes? Trying to find out the differences between a fully loaded Big Horn and limited, aside from the leather and ventilated seats what else would I be missing?

Also the 2020 build and price doesnt even have a big horn or an option for built to serve.
IDK where you were looking but 2020 B&P definitely has all options including Big Horn/Ram Boxes/BTS. That's exactly what I was looking at earlier. You do need the 5' 7" bed for the Ram Boxes. Can't get them on the 6' 4" bed.

As far as comparing trims, there is an option to see those side by side on the Ram website with standard/optional stuff called out.

njt07

Reaction score
IDK where you were looking but 2020 B&P definitely has all options including Big Horn/Ram Boxes/BTS. That's exactly what I was looking at earlier. You do need the 5' 7" bed for the Ram Boxes. Can't get them on the 6' 4" bed.

As far as comparing trims, there is an option to see those side by side on the Ram website with standard/optional stuff called out.
You were right I had the long bed selected. I need to play around with it more, because I tried selecting the OD green for Army and it kicks out the B2S package.

Last edited:

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You were right I had the long bed selected. I need to play around with it kore, because I tried selecting the OD green for Army and it kicks out the B2S package.
That's a different green. The Army BTS colors (Gator Green and Black Diamond) are already done. You may be able to find one on a dealer lot, but you can't order one anymore. The Navy versions (Ceramic Gray and Patriot Blue) are what is currently shown on the build & price site, but I believe those have all been built already too. I believe one of the Marine colors will be Tank. If an OD green is what you're looking for, that's probably your best bet. IDK when that color will be made available though.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I dont think you can actually custom order a BTS truck. Talking to the local dealers, they just receive what Ram builds and ships to them. The purchasing guys at dealer have Monday in what options they come with, and some don't even know what they are getting until they arrive off the train.

But to answer your question, yes you can get a BTS with Ram boxes.

Ages

Reaction score
I dont think you can actually custom order a BTS truck. Talking to the local dealers, they just receive what Ram builds and ships to them. The purchasing guys at dealer have Monday in what options they come with, and some don't even know what they are getting until they arrive off the train.

But to answer your question, yes you can get a BTS with Ram boxes.
A couple of people at the beginning of this thread indicated that they were able to order BTS with additional options.

njt07

Reaction score
That's a different green. The Army BTS colors (Gator Green and Black Diamond) are already done. You may be able to find one on a dealer lot, but you can't order one anymore. The Navy versions (Ceramic Gray and Patriot Blue) are what is currently shown on the build & price site, but I believe those have all been built already too. I believe one of the Marine colors will be Tank. If an OD green is what you're looking for, that's probably your best bet. IDK when that color will be made available though.
Well that kinda sucks, guess its gonna be the body color group then lol. would be nice to have an Army built to serve but not somethingI absolutely have to have.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You definitely can special order a Built to Serve truck.

As far as the colors, Ram is releasing them in five phases (for the different branches of the armed forces). First phase was Diamond Black/Gator. Second Phase (current) is Patriot Blue/Ceramic Gray.

One of the future phases will include a color called “Tank” which is a green found on Jeeps. Do a google search for “Jeep color Tank” and you’ll get a good idea of the color. I believe this will be released in the fourth phase. You won’t be able to order until it is announced by Ram. At their current pace (and if it is their fourth phase), I’d imagine this color won’t be available until the end of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread