5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Built to Serve 2024

Mopar21

Reaction score
Can’t find any 2024 bighorn Built to serve editions that are fully loaded. Are dealerships not ordering them that way or they get what they get?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can’t find any 2024 bighorn Built to serve editions that are fully loaded. Are dealerships not ordering them that way or they get what they get?
What options are you looking for that would meet your criteria for fully loaded?

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OP would need to clarify more on what does “fully loaded” means. Some of these built to serve editions you can’t add options.

Mopar21

Reaction score
Sorry. I dont mean fully fully loaded. But tech package. 33 gallon fuel tank. Level 1 Safety package. Stuff like that.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
These are all special editions so they come to us "pre-spec'" we do not order them with our, or our customers, preferences. So you're going to find them all almost identaically equipped, unfortauntely.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry. I dont mean fully fully loaded. But tech package. 33 gallon fuel tank. Level 1 Safety package. Stuff like that.
There have been 1,658 Built-To-Serve Editions made so far (for MY2024). All of them are "Big Horn Level B". Oddly, the engine and tank combos are as follows. Kinda weird. Big engines get the little tank, and little engines get the medium tank.

1700951326743.png

ZWilson07

Reaction score
There have been 1,658 Built-To-Serve Editions made so far (for MY2024). All of them are "Big Horn Level B". Oddly, the engine and tank combos are as follows. Kinda weird. Big engines get the little tank, and little engines get the medium tank.

View attachment 171633
Odd indeed. The ordering and package options for 2024 about made me pull my hair out over so much not making any sense. I wanted a 33 gal tank so bad for my 2024 after having the 26 gal in my 2021 but it just didn't end up working out. I will probably end up doing the tank swap but unfortunately my 2024 has the 23 gal tank which means I won't be able to use the same fuel sending unit; just money I suppose. I never knew the built to serve trucks were ordered in the fashion. Learn something new everyday.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

View attachment 171633
That's actually standard feature on the tanks. It is CONFUSING AS hell.

The Standard size fuel tank on a Bighorn 5'7" is 26.
However, the standard size fuel tank on a Hemi Bighorn 5'7 is a 23.
Either can be overridden by the 33G tank, if chosen (on a custom order, not on a BTS version of course).
Took me (and an unlucky customer) a very long time to figure that out, too late unfortunately to change to the 33G.
The code guide lists it in the most hidden way ever - I couldn't even bring myself to ask WHY once we finally figured out WHAT

ZWilson07

Reaction score
That's actually standard feature on the tanks. It is CONFUSING AS hell.

The Standard size fuel tank on a Bighorn 5'7" is 26.
However, the standard size fuel tank on a Hemi Bighorn 5'7 is a 23.
Either can be overridden by the 33G tank, if chosen (on a custom order, not on a BTS version of course).
Took me (and an unlucky customer) a very long time to figure that out, too late unfortunately to change to the 33G.
The code guide lists it in the most hidden way ever - I couldn't even bring myself to ask WHY once we finally figured out WHAT

Ain't that the truth. It was basically impossible to order one exactly like my 2021. 21 Laramie Sport, 22s, level b, advanced safety, technology, tonn cover, power steps, etc.

In order to get the 24 with ptm and hood like my sport (since they did away with sport laramie) you are forced to go southwestern or night package. There were no southwesterns around, that also doesn't get rid of all the chrome, and you can't get ivory white with southwestern which makes absolutely no sense since the truck could careless what color its painted. So I was almost forced with the night package which imo doesnt look all that great with the light colors even though I know that is all the rage. Then if you get the night package, you can't get the all terrain tires on the black 22 inch wheels. You have to get the offroad package in order to get the all terrain tires on the 22's but the builder makes it look like if you got the offroad group with the night package, that it undoes stuff from the night package.......on and on. Just a ton of stuff that doesn't make much sense not to mention actually finding one on a lot somewhere with how things went with the strike and certain options throughout the year being grayed out during certain months that weren't able to be ordered and built at the time.

Its funny, when I leased my 2021 almost every high option laramie available had level b, advanced safety, air ride, power steps, tonn cover. Right now around me basically every high optioned 24 laramie all has level b and panoramic sunroof without hardly any having air ride and power steps. I was coming down to the deadline for my lease getting bought out and moving to a new one so there really wasn't time to order one to spec now and I held off a few months ago due to everything with build orders, strike, availability, rates, etc being up in the air. First world problems for sure and I try to be thankful but it is a little frustrating paying 7-8k more for a truck that has less options than mine, doesnt really have all the options I want, or that I don't like as much as my 21. Of course I could have bought my 21 out but with it going out of bumper to bumper with plenty of fancy options to go wrong, needing new tires, and not to mention the thought of a crazy high interest rate mixed with paying effectively almost double the monthly payment for the "same" truck that I have been "paying on" the last three years just didn't digest well.

My dealer has been great to work with; traded one of their new ones for my 24 from another dealer, let me pull the power steps and tonn cover off to keep for the 24, and a couple other small things in order to make the deal go through so hats off to them. The built to serve trucks are awesome but I am a sucker for an all white truck unfortunately, which basically cuts out the built to serve and back country trucks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread