5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Build quality of late 23 final 24 s

Jmac509

Reaction score
I just wanted to weigh in. I have a 2023 that was built near the end of the production run with all the options except the hud and air suspension. I have aproximately 13k miles now. My turn signal mutli function switch wouldn't cancel my blinker when I received it new from the factory which was replaced under warranty without issue.

I frequently wash my car and have never encountered any problems during or after washing the car. I constantly use the adaptive cruise control and the only time I've had it shut off with an error was either in heavy rain or snow where I believe the traction control kicked on.

Maybe once a month my apple car play will act laggy and when that happens I power cycle my phone and the head unit by holding the volume button down for 5 seconds and when it reboots everything works perfectly. I don't believe the head unit power cycles when the vehicle is turned off so you might try that once in a while if you have issues.

I think the most annoying thing that happens which is very minor is sometimes while traveling in stop and go traffic at low speeds my front or rear parking sensors will beep for a second even though the car in front or behind me is 10+ feet away.

Overall I'm happy with the truck and have zero complaints at this time. I just wish the 23s had the rear heated and reclining seats.

2021QCBH

Reaction score
My 21 has been a dream compared to my two trucks prior. 57k miles this week. Granted, it’s missing a lot of the features that typically cause issues like rear slider, 12” screen etc.

3.21 gets excellent fuel economy and tows my typical load like a freight train. I’m set to get a shade over 60k out of the factory Goodyears.

Only issues so far

CEL for 02 short caused by the car wash (hasn’t tripped the cel again for a while)

Drivers sunvisor mount broke and fell into my lap

Recall for the tailgate latch (haven’t messed with it yet)

Grease leak from the outer RH CV joint (also not addressed yet)

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Transmission should be in park or neutral going through an automatic car wash, so sensors shouldnt be freaked out
At my local scrubadub you drive through the side blasters before stopping as part of the wash. All the sensors yell, as they should because it can't see anything. Soon as it stops no problems, no water inside works as intended.
Parking sensors will trigger whole in park.
People see error messages and think there is a problem except it's just the truck telling you wtf it's doing. If someone got mud on their sensors and it didn't warn them that ACC wasn't working they would just drive into someone.

More features come out, common sense goes down it would appear.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
At my local scrubadub you drive through the side blasters before stopping as part of the wash. All the sensors yell, as they should because it can't see anything. Soon as it stops no problems, no water inside works as intended.
Parking sensors will trigger whole in park.
People see error messages and think there is a problem except it's just the truck telling you wtf it's doing. If someone got mud on their sensors and it didn't warn them that ACC wasn't working they would just drive into someone.

More features come out, common sense goes down it would appear.
I got warnings for rear park sense because my exhaust frosted over the sensors closest to the tips and the truck sensed tht they were reading different than the rest of sensors. But the display actually said to wipe the sensors.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I got warnings for rear park sense because my exhaust frosted over the sensors closest to the tips and the truck sensed tht they were reading different than the rest of sensors. But the display actually said to wipe the sensors.
I get parking sensors, and I forget the other one, I think it's forward collision warning. I have gotton the one to wipe the sensors before.
I mean your pressure washing your truck with the truck on, people should expect to see warnings. If someone stays that means they had a bad connection and if it wasn't the wash it would be something else to knock it loose. Although I wouldn't say it lights up like a Christmas tree

Kamper

Reaction score
well - truck fired up - as it should - after sitting outside in some cold temps, some snow that fell etc... everything still works as it should and the 2 hr drive home was a pleasure... I do need to play w some of the many settings and candidly I use Apple Maps via iPhone/CarPlay ... I will see how nav is working later this week. I know the UC5 unit did an auto-over air update about 2 weeks back..

Users who are viewing this thread