5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Build and Price glitch or just the way it is?

taken

Reaction score
So, I'm back and fourth on ordering a Laramie Sport or Limited. I have things I like and dislike about both. Anyways, I've found something odd about the Laramie build. Whenever I try to add any number of options, I'm not allowed to keep the standard (non-etorque) 5.7 motor option. Many of the options I'd add, Sport package, air suspension, 33 gallon fuel tank, bed utility group, multi function tailgate, etc. require Level 2 equipment. This is fine because I also want to order Level 2. However, selecting Level 2 removes the standard 5.7 and requires you to reselect the engine. It will allow the etorque 5.7 but with all my options but not the standard 5.7. However, on my Limited build, I can get all the same options and etorque is not required. Does anyone know if this is a glitch in the build and price system or is it a legitimate conflict on the Laramie?

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
So, I'm back and fourth on ordering a Laramie Sport or Limited. I have things I like and dislike about both. Anyways, I've found something odd about the Laramie build. Whenever I try to add any number of options, I'm not allowed to keep the standard (non-etorque) 5.7 motor option. Many of the options I'd add, Sport package, air suspension, 33 gallon fuel tank, bed utility group, multi function tailgate, etc. require Level 2 equipment. This is fine because I also want to order Level 2. However, selecting Level 2 removes the standard 5.7 and requires you to reselect the engine. It will allow the etorque 5.7 but with all my options but not the standard 5.7. However, on my Limited build, I can get all the same options and etorque is not required. Does anyone know if this is a glitch in the build and price system or is it a legitimate conflict on the Laramie?
Wow, how annoying! Looks like it will work the way you want on the 2019 RAM build but not on the 2020. Guess they really want to push those etorques out the door but man, I do understand your frustration!

taken

Reaction score
But yet no issue with the Limited and non etorque... Very odd indeed. It's not a large price difference relatively. It's just I don't want the etorque but am forced to take it if I want to do my Laramie Sport build...

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
But yet no issue with the Limited and non etorque... Very odd indeed. It's not a large price difference relatively. It's just I don't want the etorque but am forced to take it if I want to do my Laramie Sport build...
Would probably still be worth calling a dealer and checking if they can build it the way you want over the phone. Let them know to be sure to draft it as a "Sold Order" rather than a pending or "dealer order". That has been known to free up some options "sold" vs "dealer" although I havent seen it free up options not indicated on the build website but worth a shot.

taken

Reaction score
Good idea. I was taking with a dealer today and they are waiting for my build to be emailed over. I'll pose the question for sure...

Users who are viewing this thread