5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buggy UConnect

cgripp256

Reaction score
Just thought I’d add that my 2022 is as buggy as all previous years. I’ve had the screen black out. When using the knob to change SiriusXM channels it stuck and spun like a roulette wheel on hyperdrive. My connected services show as not activated but my phone app says they are and they work. Weather doesn’t work. Eco coaching? Apparently worked one time as I have a high score score of 1 whatever that means. And I haven’t gotten an OTA since I brought it home over a week ago and I’m on rev C.

The only thing I haven’t tried is a hard reset and wipe to factory defaults.
I’m afraid it will get worse if I do!

Other than that I love the truck.

BB22

Reaction score
Just thought I’d add that my 2022 is as buggy as all previous years. I’ve had the screen black out. When using the knob to change SiriusXM channels it stuck and spun like a roulette wheel on hyperdrive. My connected services show as not activated but my phone app says they are and they work. Weather doesn’t work. Eco coaching? Apparently worked one time as I have a high score score of 1 whatever that means. And I haven’t gotten an OTA since I brought it home over a week ago and I’m on rev C.

The only thing I haven’t tried is a hard reset and wipe to factory defaults.
I’m afraid it will get worse if I do!

Other than that I love the truck.
My 2014 Rams Uconnect must have been updated at least 20 times and still had issues so I traded it in for a 2017 Ram. It had a couple bugs in the Uconnect but they worked themselves out. I traded that one in for my 2022 Rebel with the Uconnect 5 12". What a mistake! I love the truck but the Uconnect 5 is absolute garbage! The FOTA 21.D.5 that installed in late December cleared up a few bugs but also created a couple that I didn't have prior to the update. This Uconnect system was obviously rushed into production and not thoroughly tested! I wouldn't be surprised to see a class action lawsuit launched over this.

cgripp256

Reaction score
Well mine did the OTA to D today. Apps that didn’t work before still don’t. But I haven’t been in the truck enough today to really see if there are new bugs.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well mine did the OTA to D today. Apps that didn’t work before still don’t. But I haven’t been in the truck enough today to really see if there are new bugs.
My update is scheduled for tomorrow.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OP, there's a thread talking about UC5 updates as well, its titled something like UConnect 5 is better but...
You can try the reset or maybe even disconnecting the negative battery for a bit, just be warned tha tit might take a couple of hours for everything to come back after reconnecting the battery.
The update is rolled out in waves, I received an update Thursday night. It won't pop up until you shut the truck off.

Users who are viewing this thread