5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bug Shields

Manns57

Reaction score
Anyone care to share some pics? Have the Sport Package with the color matched grille and bumpers, considered going the matte black AVS or the Mopar OEM but I think the color matched would be the way to go. Will probably have to do some paint work myself in order to go that route. Not sure how effective they are as it seems to be just a cover over the leading edge of the hood, if they dont do much I would just go without. Input on this topic appreciated.

Have since fixed the active air dam since this pic was taken...side note.

Attachments

• IMG_3443.jpeg
    IMG_3443.jpeg
    274.7 KB · Views: 23

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
I installed the Matte AVS aeroskin more for stone chip protection than anything else. It matches the factory black trim parts that exist on the front of mine.
It will do the job i think. It fitted good, not great. Its not exactly formed or laser cut 100%, but im keeping it, and im kinda picky :)
Im sure there are plenty of pics of that guard on here, but ill snap one later today if you cannot find one.
The color option appealed to me, but there are only a few available. $$.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the color matched aeroskin on my 4th Gen and liked it. Whether it did much, who knows. They don't make in my color for my 5th Gen so not going with anything.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Anyone care to share some pics? Have the Sport Package with the color matched grille and bumpers, considered going the matte black AVS or the Mopar OEM but I think the color matched would be the way to go. Will probably have to do some paint work myself in order to go that route. Not sure how effective they are as it seems to be just a cover over the leading edge of the hood, if they dont do much I would just go without. Input on this topic appreciated.

I installed the Mopar bug shield on the 2021 Limited I used to own. I went with the black, which I thought worked well with the Night Edition color scheme. Although color matched would have been fine as well. I found that it didn't really help with bugs but it did do a great job of protecting the front of the hood against rock chips...

New tires 3_LI.jpg

22Silver

Reaction score

I have 22 Sport, went with Weathertech. I like the break in colour. IMG_5373.jpeg

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hood deflectors are kind of JC Whitney-ish. Right up there with dash rugs and those chrome, naked girl silhouettes on your mud flaps. :ROFLMAO: Wrap the front of your truck with PPF.
I like the look of most hood deflectors.
I think the front of my Ram looks funny without one on, too smooth\flat.
Mine blends in though, I wouldn't get a contrasting color.

I have 22 Sport, went with Weathertech. I like the break in colour. View attachment 181340
The fit under the hood for the weathertech is soooooo bad.
The push clips they give you can't even be used. How was your install?

Users who are viewing this thread