5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BUG and Retrax Tonneau Cover

Gatornation9999

Reaction score
I tried to do a search on this, but couldn’t find anything. I’m looking at ordering a RamBox equipped truck with the BUG, but I’ll want to put a tonneau on it as well.

Do the bed rails / tie down hooks prevent installing a tonneau like the retrax mx?

Drillerr

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the Retrax, but I installed a BakFlip MX4 with my BUG and had no issues. The rails are far enough down that they didn't get in the way at all.

natehawes

Reaction score
I have a non-Rambox truck with the BUG and recently installed the Retrax OneXR. No issues at all. I don't think the RamBox would change that so you should be good. There is even a special page in the installtion manual just for the 2019+ Rambox truck.

Attachments

• IMG_0831.JPG
    IMG_0831.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 76

cubsflfan

Reaction score
Anyone have the part number for the bed rails for 5’7” bed?

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I tried to do a search on this, but couldn’t find anything. I’m looking at ordering a RamBox equipped truck with the BUG, but I’ll want to put a tonneau on it as well.

Do the bed rails / tie down hooks prevent installing a tonneau like the retrax mx?
Each tonneau is different and Rambox has less support so you are right to question, but there seem to be good options. In fact some specifically use the BUG rails for mounting. Although I haven’t ordered, I discussed this with Truxedo regarding the Sentry CT. They offer brackets that slide into the rail system if you have one. I wasn’t clear if they were included in the box or whether you had to request them separately though.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score

What is a BUG if I may ask?

cubsflfan

Reaction score
Part number for the Retrax bed rails?
I was looking for the monarch bed rails for the bed divider etc. Found them but I’m having 2nd thoughts. The reviews for the divider aren’t good.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was looking for the monarch bed rails for the bed divider etc. Found them but I’m having 2nd thoughts. The reviews for the divider aren’t good.

Thanks for the response on 'BUG" . LOL. I have the Retrax Pro and had one before the this truck on the 2014 Ram as well. They are the greatest covers out there with canister taking up very small area at front of bed. They are worth the investment but not sure about BUG i never ordered BUG on my 19 sorry I cannot help there.

anthtony

Reaction score
I've decided to go with the Retrax tonneau cover and will be parting with my Truxedo Sentry. I paid $859 for it. PM me if you're interested. It is 3 weeks old. Nothing wrong with it at all, I just really like the idea of the retractable cover. Will ship in original box, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_0194.jpeg
    IMG_0194.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0195.jpeg
    IMG_0195.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 98

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've decided to go with the Retrax tonneau cover and will be parting with my Truxedo Sentry. I paid $859 for it. PM me if you're interested. It is 3 weeks old. Nothing wrong with it at all, I just really like the idea of the retractable cover. Will ship in original box, etc.

Let us know how well you like it. Really like the ones I have had.......Wondering how you will adjust yours after you get it where you want it in terms of shutting against your tailgate. I might have mine a little too sung cause the tail gate will indicate ajar some times If I don't close the t gate hard enough.

anthtony

Reaction score
Let us know how well you like it. Really like the ones I have had.......Wondering how you will adjust yours after you get it where you want it in terms of shutting against your tailgate. I might have mine a little too sung cause the tail gate will indicate ajar some times If I don't close the t gate hard enough.
I think I talked myself out of selling the Truxedo. Just can't justify the extra cost, plus I really like that I can remove the Truxedo quickly if I'm hauling something larger, like a motorcycle, etc.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think I talked myself out of selling the Truxedo. Just can't justify the extra cost, plus I really like that I can remove the Truxedo quickly if I'm hauling something larger, like a motorcycle, etc.

I hear you. They are expensive but really I can't be with one after the first one I had nearly 5 years. I was disappointed it would not fit the 19 from the 14.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered mine from Real trucks dot com....paid about 1700 and some change as it was with a rebate back in the summer. Installed myself in about 30 minutes. Very easy install just need a person to help line one side and other person the other side. Not heavy at all.I had no tax added.

Gatornation9999

Reaction score
I ordered mine from Real trucks dot com....paid about 1700 and some change as it was with a rebate back in the summer. Installed myself in about 30 minutes. Very easy install just need a person to help line one side and other person the other side. Not heavy at all.I had no tax added.
Do you have any leaking? That’s what I’m most nervous about installing myself.

AGGIE00

Reaction score
Getting it installed tomorrow for 1800 total. Hope it lasts. My biggest issue is the base for my ram mounts computer holder. Ram, not Chrysler, said it could be 6 months before they have a product. Ended up buying some steel from Lowe’s and modifying the base it took out of my 14 mega cab. I worked the 33x12.50 Nittos into the deal at purchase. Last thing I haven’t solved going to the small bed is a toolbox type organizer that leaves room for 5’ items in the bed. So far, 350 miles, I love the truck and how it drives and rides. I’m coming from 18 years of diesels only.

Users who are viewing this thread