5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Budget roof rack baskets?

Techna

Reaction score
I have a Pace Edwards Ultragroove retractable bed cover on my truck which has tracks for towers and crossbars. I scored a set of used Thule towers and bars at a great price for it locally, and am wanting to equip them with a cargo basket of the type typically seen on roof racks. I want a setup like this for the rare occasion that I'll throw a cooler or other weather resistant items on top of the bed when the bed is full of more sensitive items. Because this whole thing will sit int the garage 99% of the time, I'm not wanting to spend Yakima, Rhino Rack to Thule money on a basket and I really don't have time to wait on one of these to pop up on the used market. Ideally, Id like to stay as close to $200 as possible. Has anyone here had any experience with the less expensive baskets offered on Amazon? Not necessarily even on a truck, but even comments after using them on a car or SUV would be helpful. Rola, Tyger(sp?) and Arksen are some I've been considering, but I'm open to suggestions.

Attachments

• E4CF25EB-69E3-4FB6-9ADF-776A6C3F6131.jpeg
    E4CF25EB-69E3-4FB6-9ADF-776A6C3F6131.jpeg
    229.3 KB · Views: 105
Reactions: Rau

Rau

Reaction score
I have a Pace Edwards Ultragroove retractable bed cover on my truck which has tracks for towers and crossbars. I scored a set of used Thule towers and bars at a great price for it locally, and am wanting to equip them with a cargo basket of the type typically seen on roof racks. I want a setup like this for the rare occasion that I'll throw a cooler or other weather resistant items on top of the bed when the bed is full of more sensitive items. Because this whole thing will sit int the garage 99% of the time, I'm not wanting to spend Yakima, Rhino Rack to Thule money on a basket and I really don't have time to wait on one of these to pop up on the used market. Ideally, Id like to stay as close to $200 as possible. Has anyone here had any experience with the less expensive baskets offered on Amazon? Not necessarily even on a truck, but even comments after using them on a car or SUV would be helpful. Rola, Tyger(sp?) and Arksen are some I've been considering, but I'm open to suggestions.
I would like to know if you found what you were looking for.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know this is old post, but seen recent question. I ran this on my Grand Cherokee and it's a solid basket like Rhino, but without the price tag and looks good. Looks like price has went up, no surprise.

Tyger Cargo Basket

Cargo Basket.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread