5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bubbles Behind Screen

RbK

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Has anyone experienced bubbles/peeling behind the screen of their UConnect system? This is on a 2019 RAM 1500.

It looks like there is liquid/bubbles behind the screen. Not sure if this is related to anything in particular and something I could fix myself by removing/reseating the screen. It has not impacted the functionality of the screen yet, just the look. Photos attached below.

IMG_9464.jpeg Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 10.04.39 AM.png

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Has anyone experienced bubbles/peeling behind the screen of their UConnect system? This is on a 2019 RAM 1500.

It looks like there is liquid/bubbles behind the screen. Not sure if this is related to anything in particular and something I could fix myself by removing/reseating the screen. It has not impacted the functionality of the screen yet, just the look. Photos attached below.

View attachment 179059 View attachment 179062
Does it have a screen protector on it? Did you buy the truck new, or used?

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Delamination. Known issue with 2018+ Grand Cherokee 8.4, guessing same with RAM. I believe you can replace the screen itself DIY. Check youtube.

RbK

Reaction score
Does it have a screen protector on it? Did you buy the truck new, or used?
No screen protector, I got it used in 2019 from a rental company. This issue popped up about a year ago.

RbK

Reaction score
Delamination. Known issue with 2018+ Grand Cherokee 8.4, guessing same with RAM. I believe you can replace the screen itself DIY. Check youtube.
Delamination is the exact word I was looking for, I will search some YouTube videos. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/