5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BTS w95 recall problems

scooby0211

Reaction score
Back in May I got the recall work done on my BTS. Little backstory, the first time I made the appointment they held my truck for 5 hours and didn't even get it in the service bay yet. I picked it up because I needed it back for work since they gave it a 10 hr allotment for the recall and I knew it would be there another day. That day the service advisor tells me they could have given me a loaner vehicle to get the work done. I told her if they gave me a loaner then I would just leave it. She says they didn't have one that particular day. WTF???? Got another appointment to get the work a few weeks later.

So the work gets done the second time but not real happy with the way the truck rides now. I was already pissed from having to take a second day off and come back a second time so I'm sure that I was probably critical towards the work and the dealership at the time. First thing I notice is that someone left some greasy spots on my center console and steering wheel. Next thing I notice is the truck wasn't even taken for a test drive to see if the work completed was good or not. Mileage was the same as when I brought it in, not one mile driven to test it. I just took the truck and didn't mention it to the service advisor or manager as I figured I would let cooler heads prevail.

Immediately taking the truck out I noticed it sounded like nuts in a blender when I went over bumps. It felt like something was loose. I checked all the connections at the LCA, UCA, tie rods, stabilizer, spring mounts, etc and all was tight. Took the rig out on the highway and was even less impressed. There are a few good dips and rises in the highway on my way to work and driving over these at highway speed was a little scary and downright annoying. It felt like the wheels had lost contact with the surface and the truck bounced like the shocks or springs were worn out. I wanted to give the work some time to settle and let the springs settle in as well. I felt like on a good curve with a rise or dip and I would lose control.

August I went in for an oil change and let the service advisor know my concerns about the rough ride and asked if they could look at what was done because something was not right. Tell her I need a loaner to leave the truck, she says they have none available but will put me on the list for the next available one. Fast forward to now and still no call for a loaner so I can get the truck in. Yeah I should have been more aggressive in getting them to get me in and taken care of but with Covid and supply chain issues, building a new house, and working for UPS Monday thru Friday 10-12 hours a day, I just don't have the time. We have been in peak mode since April and now its even busier. I don't like how the dealer gives me the runaround for the simplest s**, is not open for service on weekends, and takes forever to do even a quick oil change. The next closest dealers are 2 hours away and they are not open on Saturdays for service either.

If you are still reading, thank you. Part of this is me venting and the other part is me looking for advice. I cant stand the way the truck rides now and during the first substantial snowfall of the season, driving the truck was no fun. It felt like the wheels were coming off the pavement and that if I went any faster I would lose control. Other people have said that they got the recall done and they don't see any problems with the ride quality. Some put aftermarket springs and shocks on so they got their rides the way they like them. I know that new shocks were not included in the recall but I can't help thinking something is wrong with the shocks now with the new ride heightened springs added. SInce the shocks are not part of the recall, is there anything that they can do or am I going to be stuck with this "enhanced" sh**ty ride until I decide to upgrade the springs and shocks to some BILS myself?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/