5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BTS firefighter addition

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice to see this, I had been in another thread about the BTS trucks earlier this year and made the comment it would be cool to see first responder versions next so it looks like they read my mind :cool: My experience is as a wildland fire fighter so I'd love it if they offered a fire engine yellow paint option but you can't get everything!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nice to see this, I had been in another thread about the BTS trucks earlier this year and made the comment it would be cool to see first responder versions next so it looks like they read my mind :cool: My experience is as a wildland fire fighter so I'd love it if they offered a fire engine yellow paint option but you can't get everything!
Red and Black for firefighters. Although they already used Black for the Army, and red for Marines, so not sure why they would repeat colors. Obviously there are different variants of the colors they can use. I think yellow would have been a good choice for the "special" color.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Other than red is:
Blasphemy
Blasphemy, as defined in some religions or religion-based laws, is an insult that shows contempt, disrespect or lack of reverence concerning a deity, a sacred object or something considered inviolable. Some religions consider blasphemy to be a religious crime.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Red and Black for firefighters. Although they already used Black for the Army, and red for Marines, so not sure why they would repeat colors. Obviously there are different variants of the colors they can use. I think yellow would have been a good choice for the "special" color.
They used flame red for the Marines version of the BTS. Looks like they will be using Delmonico Red for the firefighter version based on that picture.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They used flame red for the Marines version of the BTS. Looks like they will be using Delmonico Red for the firefighter version based on that picture.
I believe the article said the red they’re using is called Redline. Which hasn’t been offered on the trucks before, but is offered on other Stellantis brands, such as Dodge (challenger, charger, etc.)

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe the article said the red they’re using is called Redline. Which hasn’t been offered on the trucks before, but is offered on other Stellantis brands, such as Dodge (challenger, charger, etc.)
Nice, I had a Scat Pack in Redline Red a while back. I like it better than the Delmonico that's for sure.

testcrewman

Reaction score
It definitely looks different than Delmonico. If that color was available, I would have given up my Patriot Blue (best color out there IMHP). But that Redline is awesome.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
As I said, I understand there are different variants of the color.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
In this video, the color of the truck looks more like red than it does maroon (delmonico).

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Other than red is:
Blasphemy
Blasphemy, as defined in some religions or religion-based laws, is an insult that shows contempt, disrespect or lack of reverence concerning a deity, a sacred object or something considered inviolable. Some religions consider blasphemy to be a religious crime.

I'm not advocating for getting rid of the red - if I was a structure guy I'd want red. I'm dreaming they made a lime yellow for us wildfire guys - our engines are usually yellow, white or if your a forest service guy they're forest service green which is also an awesome truck color! wildfire-week.png

Last edited:

Jako

Reaction score
I'm not advocating for getting rid of the red - if I was a structure guy I'd want red. I'm dreaming they made a lime yellow for us wildfire guys - our engines are usually yellow, white or if your a forest service guy they're forest service green which is also an awesome truck color!
FDNY - too many years family and myself, totally biased on the red, not that there is anything wrong with yellow, white or green. Nothing I would characterize as "forest fire" in NYC but had my share of interesting brush fires and protecting the exposures.
Hat off to the "forest firefighters" and Incident Command System 20+ years ago. Many thanks and God Bless.

Quicksdraw92

Reaction score
Thank you all for your service! Just wanted to share my experience when I was looking for my Air Force BTS in Anvil last year. I kept getting the run around from the dealer saying that it wasn’t open for ordering, this went on for about a month. Then I started seeing them on the road. Turns out, at least what my dealer told me, these were never available for order and they were just built and shipped out to the dealerships.

Keep that in mind, you may not be able to order these. I eventually had to find one in transit that had the options I wanted. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jako

Reaction score
Thank you all for your service! Just wanted to share my experience when I was looking for my Air Force BTS in Anvil last year. I kept getting the run around from the dealer saying that it wasn’t open for ordering, this went on for about a month. Then I started seeing them on the road. Turns out, at least what my dealer told me, these were never available for order and they were just built and shipped out to the dealerships.

Keep that in mind, you may not be able to order these. I eventually had to find one in transit that had the options I wanted. Good luck!

Thanks for your experience on ordering. I have contacted 2 dealers so far about ordering the Firefighter's Edition and noting can be done as of now.

Can some of the Built to Serve owners share their experience when purchasing?

Where you able to build what you wanted? Limited in what could be done?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Your dealer was wrong. There was an open window to custom order all BTS models. Just wasn't widely known when that window was. Especially the Army and Navy editions.

Users who are viewing this thread