5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BSM issues...

BLewis20BH

Reaction score
New here, been looking around to find something with this problem. But, here's my issue...
Just had a lift, wheels and tires, RC power steps and 2 10s/Amp installed on my truck this week. 2020 1500 Bighorn. 1 shop did the lift, wheels, steps. Drove it not even a 1/3 of a mile down the road to have another shop install the speakers, Amp. So, get my truck back yesterday and notice my BSM system isn't working correctly. The driver side mirror light stays on and the passenger mirror light never comes on. My front and rear bumper sensors work correctly. Any advice, suggestions or thoughts on this would be appreciated. The shop that did the lift wheels steps isn't open on weekends, so I'm thinking as soon as the shop opens today that installed the speakers, I'll be there.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
BSM is in the tail lights. The bumper sensors have nothing to do with it. Did either shop mess with the taillights? Did the speaker shop install new speakers in the doors? They could have messed up the wiring to the mirrors.

BLewis20BH

Reaction score
BSM is in the tail lights. The bumper sensors have nothing to do with it. Did either shop mess with the taillights? Did the speaker shop install new speakers in the doors? They could have messed up the wiring to the mirrors.
No door speakers were installed, just subs and an Amp. I think the Amp is under the passenger seat. As far as I know the taillights weren't messed with.

BLewis20BH

Reaction score
No door speakers were installed, just subs and an Amp. I think the Amp is under the passenger seat. As far as I know the taillights weren't messed with.
Was thinking maybe the shop that installed the power steps may of tapped into wiring to the mirrors or something, but that's a compete guess as I've no real knowledge of how they are wired in really.

BLewis20BH

Reaction score
Problem solved. It was the speaker shop. Came unplugged apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread