5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Browsing music library over bluetooth

kbUSMC2012

Reaction score
Was trying to listen to music on phone via Bluetooth the other day, and could only change the song from my phone itself. The radio wouldn’t let me browse my music library over Bluetooth. Is this a feature that isn’t included or am I missing something?

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Was trying to listen to music on phone via Bluetooth the other day, and could only change the song from my phone itself. The radio wouldn’t let me browse my music library over Bluetooth. Is this a feature that isn’t included or am I missing something?

It takes a few minutes for the browse feature to show up as it is catologing your music. Unfortunately, it will do that often once you use your phone’s music on another source, like headphones. Once back in the truck, catalog again.

kbUSMC2012

Reaction score
It takes a few minutes for the browse feature to show up as it is catologing your music. Unfortunately, it will do that often once you use your phone’s music on another source, like headphones. Once back in the truck, catalog again.
How long does that typically take? By the end of my 20 minute drive to work, it still didn’t show a browse button. It showed an “info” button that just pulled up track information, but never let me do anything. In my old truck it would instantly allow me to start browsing over Bluetooth.

I have the 8.4 without nav. Does that make a difference?

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How long does that typically take? By the end of my 20 minute drive to work, it still didn’t show a browse button. It showed an “info” button that just pulled up track information, but never let me do anything. In my old truck it would instantly allow me to start browsing over Bluetooth.

I have the 8.4 without nav. Does that make a difference?

My music library is about 3k songs and it takes about 3-4 minutes. I have the 8.4c radio but I don’t think would be much of a difference compared to yours.

One thing to note, I have seen tracks named with odd characters hold up indexing on USB. I would assume over Bluetooth would be similar.

kbUSMC2012

Reaction score
Can you send a picture of the button you press and what your library looks like? I must be missing something because I can’t figure this out.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you send a picture of the button you press and what your library looks like? I must be missing something because I can’t figure this out.

The browse button is in the lower left hand corner when you have Bluetooth selected. I’ll take a pic when I am in my truck.

kbUSMC2012

Reaction score
Here is what I see:
C8B27520-6205-4573-AA84-6289ADF39F93.jpeg BCE82BE5-B7B7-4526-A12D-5AFC2AD5B8D3.jpeg
So with Bluetooth, I don’t see a browse button. However, when I hit the “Radio” icon I see browse in the lower left hand corner, as you said.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here is what I see:
View attachment 14011 View attachment 14012
So with Bluetooth, I don’t see a browse button. However, when I hit the “Radio” icon I see browse in the lower left hand corner, as you said.

Ahhh, I do have the browse button when on Bluetooth so that makes sense. I suppose it is a limitation with the 8.4 as opposed the 8.4c.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online