5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Browse button greyed out over Bluetooth & Other apps via Android Auto

PedalMonk

Reaction score
Simply put, if I have music on my Android phone, I can't browse the music from the 12" screen. The button is greyed out. Anybody have a solution to this? It also happens viqa Android Auto.

I tried to google for this and found other people having the issue, but no solutions.

Thanks!

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Simply put, if I have music on my Android phone, I can't browse the music from the 12" screen. The button is greyed out. Anybody have a solution to this? It also happens viqa Android Auto.

I tried to google for this and found other people having the issue, but no solutions.

Thanks!

I discussed this in another thread quite a while ago. You can get that button to work, it just depends on the music app you have installed on your phone. I believe Google Music and YouTube Music may make it work but you are limited to 1000 songs. It’s been a while since I’ve played with it so there could be other apps?? I’ve since moved back to iPhone and that works correctly. iPhone has always used one app so it’s easy to interface with whereas Android does not have a standard app so Uconnect only has so much support.

PedalMonk

Reaction score
OK Folks. I have a solution!

All you need to do is buy a tiny usb flash drive, load up your music and that's it! Everything works. I the SanDisk 128GB Ultra Fit USB 3.1 Flash Drive - SDCZ430-128G-G46 for $18.99 from BestBuy today. Just ask them to price match with Amazon.

So what doesn't this do? If you love Android Auto (which I hate) then you may not like this route, but honestly, I can't see how this isn't superior to both bluetooth and AA. AA still works fine.

It works fantastic and I'm really happy with it. BTW, I bought the above flash drive because it is super tiny and people don't notice it when walking by the truck. It's also fast and it supported USB 3.1.

Last edited:

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, USB drives have been a good solution for many years now with Uconnect. You just have to keep updating them which people may not like. Note that when you update them, Uconnect may not see the new songs as it is still recognizing the drive name as a volume it’s already scanned. A quick fix I’ve found is to rename the drive volume when added new songs, I would name the volume with the date so it would never be repeated so to speak.

PedalMonk

Reaction score
Yep, USB drives have been a good solution for many years now with Uconnect. You just have to keep updating them which people may not like. Note that when you update them, Uconnect may not see the new songs as it is still recognizing the drive name as a volume it’s already scanned. A quick fix I’ve found is to rename the drive volume when added new songs, I would name the volume with the date so it would never be repeated so to speak.
Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread