5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broken PCM plug. Now what?

LITTLEREBEL

Reaction score
I was going to install a Tazer and I broke one of the PCM plugs. I tried to stick a small screwdriver in there to get it to release. Any tips on how to get it to release?

1664547324069.png

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Take a look at this, don't know if it's correct, but they have a bunch. Give them a call they may be able to help.Not seeing your configuration this is my best guess. To look at more, click 25+ connector and look on pages 7 and 8.

or this

1664757983175.png

Last edited:

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Take a look at this, don't know if it's correct, but they have a bunch. Give them a call they may be able to help.Not seeing your configuration this is my best guess. To look at more, click 25+ connector and look on pages 7 and 8.

or this

View attachment 140277
You thinking maybe he didn't get one of the slides moved far enough?

Ratchet

Reaction score
Sometimes, some forward pressure is required on the connector body while rotating the cam release lever. Have seen this happen quite a bit. You can remesh the gear back into the connector body most of the time despite the pin being sheared off. This one looks like a 50/50 shot. Gear is pretty chewed up.

If the other side of that connector will lock, secure the connector and check for loose play. If all looks well, leave it alone.

Users who are viewing this thread