5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broken Manifold Bolts

My 2013 had cracked manifold bolts. Drove it like that for 2 yrs than traded it in. If my 2020 has issues I will trade it in on a bare bones Pentastar V6. Tired of these Hemi issues. I don't really need a V8 anyways. Pentastar sounds like it's bulletproof & cheaper to maintain.

The Pentastar came with its own set of issues. The cylinder head issues seem to be resolved, but the rocker arm and cooling system issues still seem to exist. There is no perfect engine. Not sure how much longer the V6 will even be available in the Ram with the 3.0L I6 hurricane on the horizon.

The Pentastar came with its own set of issues. The cylinder head issues seem to be resolved, but the rocker arm and cooling system issues still seem to exist. There is no perfect engine. Not sure how much longer the V6 will even be available in the Ram with the 3.0L I6 hurricane on the horizon.
Interesting theory. I thought the Hurricane was a replacement for the Hemi though. I can see the v6 sticking around as the base engine for all trims except Limited, as it is now, with the Hurricane and EcoDiesel being the upgrade choices.

Shouldn't something like this be covered under the 8-80 emissions warranty?
I think the emissions warranty is 150,000 miles, but don't remember the years. FCA is not kindly offering the emissions warranty - it is federally mandated, no matter the state, how much warranty you bought, etc. Yes, only the actual non FCA part, or whatever it directly destroys, is not covered if you install shorties, according to the Moss-Magnusson Act.

on our 4th gen the bolts were replaced at 100,000 miles, and it's at 190,000 now and no problems. 5th gen had them replaced at 30,000 and it's now at 80,000 without problems. So looks like replacement is for the long haul.

BTW, this should be covered under drive train warranty.

Interesting theory. I thought the Hurricane was a replacement for the Hemi though. I can see the v6 sticking around as the base engine for all trims except Limited, as it is now, with the Hurricane and EcoDiesel being the upgrade choices.
It's hard to say, and there really hasn't been an "official" word on when the hemi is going away. Ford still offers the V8, even though the ecoboost has been around for years and was meant to be a replacement for the 5.0L. I believe it's only Ram and GM offering a NA 6 cylinder in a full size truck these days, and I've heard that the NA V6 won't be around in the GMs for much longer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back