5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broken manifold bolts and leaky cylinder

Curlymurt

Reaction score
Within the last two thousand miles I decided to have the exhaust manifold bolts fixed as I was nearing the 60,000 mile warranty. It was pretty bad, though they never told me how many were broken. It was multiple, on both sides.

I did an oil change at 59,640 and had what I've found to be coolant in the oil. I went to the dealership the next morning and they confirmed. They did say if I had gone over 60,000 it wouldn't have been covered at all, even if I just noted it for a future service date. So they kept the truck. They had to ship a left cylinder head, so I assume it's cracked and not just a gasket.

Moving forward, any suggestions to keep from having these major issues?

I don't idle a freezing engine. I use Pennzoil full synthetic platinum every 5-6,000 miles. I tow an under 7,000# utility trailer randomly (always light loads). I tow a 4500ish # camper during the summer on 6-8 weekends of the year. I use the truck, as a truck. I have an oil catch can. Tires are slightly oversized. Rear air bags and stiffer antisway bar. Mild level top hat spacers. Everything else is stock.

Users who are viewing this thread