5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broken key fob Can you still drive it?

Bob.

Reaction score

How to start a 2019 Ram when your key fob battery is dead​

To start your Ram:
    • Place your foot on the brake.
    • Press the butt end of the key fob against the “Push Start” button.
    • Your truck will detect the chip inside the key fob and start the engine.
You can also use the Ram UConnect mobile app to start your truck with a dead key fob. However, you’ll need to press the fob against the start button when you want to drive—so your truck knows it’s not being stolen!

Last edited:

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

How to start a 2019 Ram when your key fob battery is dead​

To start your Ram:
    • Place your foot on the brake.
    • Press the butt end of the key fob against the “Push Start” button.
    • Your truck will detect the chip inside the key fob and start the engine.
You can also use the Ram UConnect mobile app to start your truck with a dead key fob. However, you’ll need to press the fob against the start button when you want to drive—so your truck knows it’s not being stolen!
Pretty much common knowledge. Every car I know of with push button start is the same way. Only difference is where to put fob.

Bob.

Reaction score
I didn't know this info. I posted a question on this subject. Then because of it late at night I wasn't getting any replies so google is your best friend. I found a video and then I found this site and copied the instructions and posted it here.
I'm just relieved that if my key fob gets destroyed at work, I can still get home.

Users who are viewing this thread