5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BRINK Wheels Company Intro

BRINK WHEELS

Precision Engineered Flow Formed Wheels
Reaction score
Just wanted to take a quick second and introduce myself to you all, my name is JD and I'm BRINKs Internet Sales Manager. I started my career in 1999 as a tire tech and worked my way up the ranks working retail sales for many years and also on the wholesale side as well. My customization style leans on the side of Factor Spec Plus Fitments which brings me to work with BRINK Wheels today.

BRINK Wheels is a Designer and Distributor of Aftermarket Wheels based out of Miami, Florida. We’re a forward-thinking company that emerged from a group of Industry Veterans with decades of experience within the Wheel & Tire Sector dating back to the 90s. BRINK Wheels are offered in diameter, width, and offset combinations that won’t compromise your truck in any way while enhancing the appearance.

BRINK Wheels are Produced in Flow Formed Monoblock for the weight savings and added strength benefits. In addition all BRINK Wheels meet or exceed the stringent SAE Recommended Practices which provide performance, sampling, and certifying requirements, test procedures, and marking requirements for aftermarket wheels including JWL/VIA and SAE J2530.

We offer our wheels in a Factory Spec Plus fitment which will be more aggressive than factory yet not extremely aggressive and also Enhanced Stance which will poke outside the fenders but not in an exaggerated way where your suspension components and drive quality is compromised.

BRINK Wheels is also an authorized Dealer for Michelin, Mickey Thompson, Falken, BF Goodrich, Cooper, Ironman, Nitto, Toyo and others. We also offer Mounting and High Speed Balancing service for your BRINK Wheel & Tire Packages.

I look forward to getting to know you folks and here to offer you any fitment advice needed even if it's not related to our brand.

I'll create a separate thread introducing some of our wheel designs. In the interim you're welcome to visit BRINK Wheels: Performance Flow Formed Wheels

pito

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing the wheels. Welcome!

BRINK WHEELS

Reaction score
No 18" wheels? It seems they are all 20"

Scott, At the moment our wheels are available in 20x9 and 22x10. We have two new designs we're introducing before end of year that will also be offered in 17x8.5. 18" due to the increase in tire prices and supply shortages in common 18" sizes we skipped (for now). Being 17" and 20" are the two most common sizes OEMs are using these days it has driven tire production up and prices down.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Most modern trucks meaning anything built after 2015 can’t run 17s due to the brake calipers.

Weird y’all think 18s aren’t as popular.

Where are the wheels manufactured?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Who is doing your market research?

The majority of the wheel options on the Ford F150 are 18" wheels. The F150 XLT and Lariat comes standard with 18" wheels. I'm using Ford as an example due to them being the #1 selling truck.

Chevrolet also has a few 18" options as the 18" is standard on the Trail Boss. As I mentioned, the Ram Rebel and TRX only come with 18" wheels, and the standard wheel on the Big Horn is 18".

I wasn't going to waste my time looking up Toyota as they are requiring me to select a dealer before looking at any vehicle.

Not everybody wants wagon wheels and I think you're missing a huge market for pick up owners. Especially when you join a RAM forum to market your product

BRINK WHEELS

Reaction score
Most modern trucks meaning anything built after 2015 can’t run 17s due to the brake calipers.

Weird y’all think 18s aren’t as popular.

Where are the wheels manufactured?

Who is doing your market research?

The majority of the wheel options on the Ford F150 are 18" wheels. The F150 XLT and Lariat comes standard with 18" wheels. I'm using Ford as an example due to them being the #1 selling truck.

Chevrolet also has a few 18" options as the 18" is standard on the Trail Boss. As I mentioned, the Ram Rebel and TRX only come with 18" wheels, and the standard wheel on the Big Horn is 18".

I wasn't going to waste my time looking up Toyota as they are requiring me to select a dealer before looking at any vehicle.

Not everybody wants wagon wheels and I think you're missing a huge market for pick up owners. Especially when you join a RAM forum to market your product

Thanks for sharing your feedback guys and believe me when I tell you we're all ears!

Our market research is done inhouse and it's done in a group effort. To make decisions we analyze industry data trends from the tire industry, with one of the most important KPIs being specific tire size sales and also common sizes coming stock on trucks. We are in no way predicting that 18s while eventually become what 19s or 21s are today (odd ball sizes) but the industry trends didn't favor 18s as much as it favored 20s and surprisingly 22s.

Below is an image of a tire Nitto recently introduced being the Nitto Recon Grappler. If you notice the offer (2) sizes in 17", (3) sizes in 18", (20) sizes in 20", (11) sizes in 22" and (3) sizes in 24"

They're actually following a similar path we are in putting all their eggs in the 20" and 22" basket.

However, and Most Important Point: The data that is most valuable for us is Your Feedback. We did do a small market research with over 300 contributions from truck owner which yielded results we didn't favor as they all wanted 20x12, 22x12 and the stance stuff we don't touch.

Our target demographic is those seeking Factory Spec Plus Fitments - what we consider good old Proper Fitments!

And that's where you guys come in. We sponsored this forum and an F150 forum and the 18" requests have been overwhelming and we greatly appreciate that as you folks are our target demographic at the end of the day. I was tasked to jump on the forums not so much for sales as we're mainly a wholesaler and exporter but more for market research.

And with that said, please share what width and offset combination you'd like to see. You have my word it'll get pushed up the road mat.

nitto-recon-sizes.jpg

Detroitmikeb

Reaction score
I ordered some b204’s and got them today. I love the look but I’m pretty bummed about the quality control on the finish. I’ll see what they say when they respond Tuesday (today is Sunday and tomorrow is Labor Day).

Pricing and shipping were great but man the QC.

Attachments

• IMG_3698.jpeg
    IMG_3698.jpeg
    133 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3696.jpeg
    IMG_3696.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3697.jpeg
    IMG_3697.jpeg
    145.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3700.jpeg
    IMG_3700.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 29

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your feedback guys and believe me when I tell you we're all ears!

Our market research is done inhouse and it's done in a group effort. To make decisions we analyze industry data trends from the tire industry, with one of the most important KPIs being specific tire size sales and also common sizes coming stock on trucks. We are in no way predicting that 18s while eventually become what 19s or 21s are today (odd ball sizes) but the industry trends didn't favor 18s as much as it favored 20s and surprisingly 22s.

Below is an image of a tire Nitto recently introduced being the Nitto Recon Grappler. If you notice the offer (2) sizes in 17", (3) sizes in 18", (20) sizes in 20", (11) sizes in 22" and (3) sizes in 24"

They're actually following a similar path we are in putting all their eggs in the 20" and 22" basket.

However, and Most Important Point: The data that is most valuable for us is Your Feedback. We did do a small market research with over 300 contributions from truck owner which yielded results we didn't favor as they all wanted 20x12, 22x12 and the stance stuff we don't touch.

Our target demographic is those seeking Factory Spec Plus Fitments - what we consider good old Proper Fitments!

And that's where you guys come in. We sponsored this forum and an F150 forum and the 18" requests have been overwhelming and we greatly appreciate that as you folks are our target demographic at the end of the day. I was tasked to jump on the forums not so much for sales as we're mainly a wholesaler and exporter but more for market research.

And with that said, please share what width and offset combination you'd like to see. You have my word it'll get pushed up the road mat.

View attachment 129917

NO CHROME . . . . . no deal . .

Detroitmikeb

Reaction score
Ordered a set of Brinks and they are awful. So many cosmetic defects. One even has a dented lip and they want me to buy a 5th one! These are 3 days old and haven’t left the box! Stay away!

Attachments

• IMG_3736.jpeg
    IMG_3736.jpeg
    113.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3708.jpeg
    IMG_3708.jpeg
    149.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3711.jpeg
    IMG_3711.jpeg
    161.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3706.jpeg
    IMG_3706.jpeg
    154.7 KB · Views: 27

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
These are on the “cheaper” side of aftermarket wheels. For around $1k for a set, and most likely made in china since my question was never answered. You can’t expect perfection.

But for the cost they seem decent even with those minor imperfections

Now if dropping $1k+ PER wheel then that would be unacceptable. .

BRINK WHEELS

Reaction score
Ordered a set of Brinks and they are awful. So many cosmetic defects. One even has a dented lip and they want me to buy a 5th one! These are 3 days old and haven’t left the box! Stay away!

Hey Mike,

I think it's important that we explain the full context of your scenario which I was under the impression you and I had already resolved.

To begin with that finish is 100% unacceptable. Our wheels are made primarily in Indonesia. The factory in Indonesia does not have a robot painting wheels and that's where the handful of blemished wheels have come from (in that particular finish). As a temporary resolve we have moved production back to China while Indonesia installs robotic painters which are scheduled to be up and running by October. At that point we will be moving production back to Indonesia as we prefer to do business with them rather than China.

We have found close to 34 total blemished wheels in our inventory and these obviously slipped through the crack and or where shipped to the dealer you purchased them from before we caught the issue. The other blemished wheels we had in stock we sold to one of our export dealers for a drastically reduced price.

So yes the wheels had defects in the finish - we acknowledged that and we offered the dealer you purchased from a 30% discount or replacements which you later confirmed they extended to you and you excepted the discount.

As per the communication I saw (and with your permission I can happily share here) DAYS later you mentioned a wheel had a bend. Here's the issue. With FedEx the shipper needs to report any and all damaged within a certain amount of time. That time had passed and at that point FedEx was no longer going to extend the shipper any assistance filing a claim as lots can happen between the time you accepted them and the time you found the bend.

You later sent us a message on Instagram and Immediately told you that I was having labels sent out to you to have those wheels picked up and that I was going to ask the dealer to issue you a full refund. You thanked me and we went our separate ways.

That level of discipline that you received from us is the same level of discipline we offer each and every one of our customers. We appreciate your feedback and we learn through those experiences.

As a side note for all to all others: All the wheels on the shelf right now have been QC'd and will be QC'd an additional time before they ship out.

BRINK WHEELS

Reaction score
These are on the “cheaper” side of aftermarket wheels. For around $1k for a set, and most likely made in china since my question was never answered. You can’t expect perfection.

But for the cost they seem decent even with those minor imperfections

I may have missed your question but our wheels are made in China and also Indonesia. Originally we were manufacturing 100% in Indonesia however due to issues with the two tone finishes which they do by hand we ended up moving our molds to China as they use robots. Our factory in Indonesia manufacturers many of the notable Flow Formed brands in the market today and we have zero issues with them aside from the two tone finishes.

The good news is our Indonesian manufacturing partner is in the final stages of installing the robotic painters which will prevent these issues in the future. Once they have that equipment lined up we're moving all our molds that require two tone finishing back to Indonesia.

I'll respectfully disagree with your assessment of our brand as "cheaper". If we were on the cheaper side of the wheels we wouldn't have gone Flow Formed and saved a good amount of money. Believe me when I tell you it would have been much cheaper for us to go cast and follow the footsteps of all the notable brands in the market today but we wanted to offer our customer a superior product at a cast price.

We appreciate your feedback and perspective and here to answer any questions you may have.

dano257

Reaction score
I have to say that the customer service at Brink is excellent. I had a bit of a problem with the wheel size that was sent to me. They were responsive and quickly worked to resolve the problem by providing shipping labels for me to send the wheels back and quickly shipping the correct size. I really like the wheels I got and believe them to be of very good quality. I would buy from them again and I would recommend them.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
I'll respectfully disagree with your assessment of our brand as "cheaper". If we were on the cheaper side of the wheels we wouldn't have gone Flow Formed and saved a good amount of money. Believe me when I tell you it would have been much cheaper for us to go cast and follow the footsteps of all the notable brands in the market today but we wanted to offer our customer a superior product at a cast price.

Sorry. I didn’t mean it in a derogatory way towards you’re company. For the price of your wheels and how they look, such minor finish imperfections I wouldn’t have taken to a forum and bashed the company. They do seem like good quality for the cost.

BRINK WHEELS

Reaction score
I have to say that the customer service at Brink is excellent. I had a bit of a problem with the wheel size that was sent to me. They were responsive and quickly worked to resolve the problem by providing shipping labels for me to send the wheels back and quickly shipping the correct size. I really like the wheels I got and believe them to be of very good quality. I would buy from them again and I would recommend them.

We greatly appreciate your feedback

Sorry. I didn’t mean it in a derogatory way towards you’re company. For the price of your wheels and how they look, such minor finish imperfections I wouldn’t have taken to a forum and bashed the company. They do seem like good quality for the cost.

No worries my friend we didn't take it as offensive in any way. I've personally never been a fan of airing dirty laundry on public forums unless the consumer was scammed in some way and ghosted completely by the company. But that's just my 2 cents.

Thanks for your input.

Users who are viewing this thread