5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brightness setting not available

ExtinctBird

Reaction score
To me, the display is too bright at night, especially with the Nav screen up. However, I am not able to adjust the display brightness setting with the headlights on. I can choose the option to manually adjust the setting, but the brightness option is stuck at "5". I can see the setting, but it is grayed out.

I have tried to access the setting while parked in Acc mode, On, and with the engine running. What am I missing? The instructions from the manual are pasted below. I'm not exactly sure what "party" or "parade" position are, but I have tried different setting on the dimmer wheel.

Setting Name Selectable Options
Display Brightness Mode Auto Manual
NOTE:
Select Auto or Manual display mode and this allows adjustment of overall screen brightness.
Display Brightness Headlight ON - +
NOTE:
To make changes to the "Display Brightness with Headlights ON" setting, the headlights must be on and the interior dimmer switch must not be in the
"party" or "parade" position.

DakotaRam

Reaction score
Roller dial by the left knee is the only way I ever adjust them after the original setting within Uconnect.

RussMuscle

Reaction score
To me, the display is too bright at night, especially with the Nav screen up. However, I am not able to adjust the display brightness setting with the headlights on. I can choose the option to manually adjust the setting, but the brightness option is stuck at "5". I can see the setting, but it is grayed out.

I have tried to access the setting while parked in Acc mode, On, and with the engine running. What am I missing? The instructions from the manual are pasted below. I'm not exactly sure what "party" or "parade" position are, but I have tried different setting on the dimmer wheel.

Setting Name Selectable Options
Display Brightness Mode Auto Manual
NOTE:
Select Auto or Manual display mode and this allows adjustment of overall screen brightness.
Display Brightness Headlight ON - +
NOTE:
To make changes to the "Display Brightness with Headlights ON" setting, the headlights must be on and the interior dimmer switch must not be in the
"party" or "parade" position.
Is having the same issue and discovered that with the interior light dial all the way to the left the interior lights are on. Two clicks left and the brightness works properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/