5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bridgestone OE tire warranty will only replace 1 out of round tire even if my brand new truck has 3 eggs on it

nimbus

Reaction score
Per their original equipment warranty, Bridgestone will only replace a maximum of 1 tire within the first 1/32" on original equipment for any vibration concern. They do not warranty road force in any way. So Ram can sell me a brand new $67,000 truck with 4 brand new tires on it, 3 of them can be eggs, Bridgestone will at best replace a single one of them and Ram will just shrug their shoulders. Good to know for my future purchases. My dealer said he's never had that experience with Goodyear or Continental.

GregHBNA

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Per their original equipment warranty, Bridgestone will only replace a maximum of 1 tire within the first 1/32" on original equipment for any vibration concern. They do not warranty road force in any way. So Ram can sell me a brand new $67,000 truck with 4 brand new tires on it, 3 of them can be eggs, Bridgestone will at best replace a single one of them and Ram will just shrug their shoulders. Good to know for my future purchases. My dealer said he's never had that experience with Goodyear or Continental.
Where is this warranty policy posted?

nimbus

Reaction score
Where is this warranty policy posted?
Page 62 of this PDF states that "Ride disturbance or vibration after 1/32 of an inch (0.8mm) of tread wear use" is not covered:

However, that does not state anything about a one tire limit per vehicle. I found this on the Bridgestone site, which on page 2 indicates a limit of 2 tires per vehicle after 2/32:

Whether it's 1 or 2 tires max, or 1/32 or 2/32, I guess you're screwed if they put 3 or 4 bad tires on your truck to begin with. The Bridgestone rep I spoke with on the phone yesterday told me point blank, they don't warranty road force and they will only replace a maximum of one tire per vehicle for vibration. Perhaps she's mistaken but I've been fighting this for over a month with zero progress. I'm about to throw in the towel and just buy 4 new tires.

BigD

Reaction score
Most guys on here buy all different tires right off the bat anyways. I bet u can get a set of oem tires from someone on here real cheap. I've been on this forum for 2 years now, & this is the first time I've ever heard about anything like this. Are u sure it's the tires ?

nimbus

Reaction score
Most guys on here buy all different tires right off the bat anyways. I bet u can get a set of oem tires from someone on here real cheap. I've been on this forum for 2 years now, & this is the first time I've ever heard about anything like this. Are u sure it's the tires ?
I've had both the dealership and an independent shop check for all possible causes of vibration as well as measure the road force on the tires. Everything else (suspension, transmission, etc.) checked out OK, but 3 of the 4 tires had 25+ pounds of road force. One of them even measured 41 pounds. Good call on buying a set of low mileage takeoffs.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I almost lemoned my truck because of Bridgestones, dealership and Bridgestone offered zero help. I suffered with vibrations until I could drop the coin on Michelins. The Bridgestones were cooked at 10,000 miles anyways. OEM tires are excrement

tom318

Reaction score
I have the Bridgestones on mine and honestly haven't had anything good to say about them since day one. I personally didn't care to much as I drive a lot and figured I may as well just wear them down. I'm at 50k miles now on the original set and 1 of the 4 is absolutely shredded. 2 are in decent shape and a 3rd is nearly at the wear bars. Very unevenly worn IMO, though I could have been better at rotating them. I think they only saw 1 rotation since new so that's on me. They had a vibration issue since nearly new at around 80mph. To me dealing with the dealerships is such a hassle I never pursued anything. I got a set of TRX wheels and going to get some Goodyear Ultraterrians or some other AT tire within the next week or so. It is a shame that these 60+k trucks come with low quality tires which really makes the biggest difference in driving performance. A co-worker of mine bought a new Escalade a few years back with bridgestones and he said the same thing but his wore down extremely quickly. I want to say he only got 10-15k out of them.

brewdad

Reaction score
I test drove three new 2019 Rams at two different dealerships and all had standard Bridgestone tires; all the trucks were fine except for the rough/bumpy ride with the Bridgestone rubber. Before someone asks where in blazes did I find new 2019 Rams, my test drives were summer of 2018.

Users who are viewing this thread