5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bridgestone Dueler H/L's in Winter

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For anyone with the Bridgestone Dueler's, how have they done in winter? Reviews rate them as poor. I am already planning to put on something better when mine arrives. Just curious what others who have used them think.

Last edited:

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My opinion, FWIW, they are the worst I have ever had in 20+ years of driving trucks. Luckily the truck does a great job, but I leave lots of stopping room

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My opinion, FWIW, they are the worst I have ever had in 20+ years of driving trucks. Luckily the truck does a great job, but I leave lots of stopping room
When I heard, that's what will likely be on mine at delivery, I started to read reviews. Nearly everyone gave a consistent 1 star rating for winter conditions.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well dang I was going to take these to Colorado in November and during Christmas as well. Now I’m wondering if I should upgrade 😪

RJS

Reaction score
I ran them for two winters here in Michigan on my 19 Laramie and with 4-auto they are an acceptable tire. Not great but not so bad I'd spend $1000 to replace them early. But at 22,000 miles they were at 5/32 so I took advantage of the Belle Tire Labor Day sale and replaced them with my favorite Michelin LTX ones.

Nels

Reaction score
I drove them for one winter in Wisconsin. I thought they were terrible. Felt more like driving a boat on water than tires on hard ground.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have to agree with the consensus here. Had them on one winter and could not wait to get rid of them. Very sketchy in snow.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well dang it 😂 too many mixed reviews. I might try them out on our first trip and see how they feel and go from there.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I’ll just be doing some Ram ice skating this winter if these tires are crap.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ran them for two winters here in Michigan on my 19 Laramie and with 4-auto they are an acceptable tire. Not great but not so bad I'd spend $1000 to replace them early. But at 22,000 miles they were at 5/32 so I took advantage of the Belle Tire Labor Day sale and replaced them with my favorite Michelin LTX ones.
I'm already researching all terrain tires. I currently have the Firestone Destination A/T's on my cherokee, and they have done well in winter. The tread life is great too. After three years, I'm at about 8-9/32nds of tread life ramaining.

kzielu

Reaction score
Turns out they're absolutely fine. They're All Season highway tire so can't have too high of an expectation but it is definitely an ok tire and you're not going to die in the snow if you have some common sense and driving skill (for reference I have years of driving on a real snow tires in both FWD and RWD cars, currently have Contos DWS06 on Mustang which is about the best all season in snow).

Pic for reference, -4F, 40 mph wind, truck in RWD mode.

Attachments

• PXL_20221223_154346102.jpg
    PXL_20221223_154346102.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 23

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Turns out they're absolutely fine. They're All Season highway tire so can't have too high of an expectation but it is definitely an ok tire and you're not going to die in the snow if you have some common sense and driving skill (for reference I have years of driving on a real snow tires in both FWD and RWD cars, currently have Contos DWS06 on Mustang which is about the best all season in snow).

Pic for reference, -4F, 40 mph wind, truck in RWD mode.
I have a set I’ll sell you!

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The stock Duelers are working just fine for me so far, but then again I live in Phoenix and it's 67 right now.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here in New England, these tires are useless. I’m on my second 5th Gen with these tires on them and my new wheels / tires will be installed next week. Cannot come soon enough.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Understood. Just remember we pay for it when it's 120 here for 3 months. Winter is why we live in the Valley of the Sun.
Haha...I feel ya. I spent seven of the most miserable summers of my life in AZ, two in Phoenix and five in Tucson. The winters were the only thing that made up for that. Thankfully I worked the graveyard shift and slept through the hottest part of the day.

muengineer

Reaction score
I drove the truck with these tires last year in South East Michigan and in one instance due to a dumbass had to detour off a well plowed road onto one with 10" of unplowed snow to get back on a main road.

The truck got through it in 4 Hi. I would not recommend these tires if you have to drive on real snow frequently. We will keep them on the truck until they wear out because we have 2 Wranglers do drive in winter and they are snow beasts.

Users who are viewing this thread