5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bridgestone Dueler Alenza Stock Tires?

Yogi217

Reaction score
I picked up my BH 1500 night edition on Tuesday. I have read some reviews that these tires are terrible in rain/snow. I live in hilly New England, so that's not exactly what I wanted to hear....

Anyone here have experience with them? What's your take?

I can't afford to replace the tires, so it is what it is.... I'm just trying to get a sense of how much I'm going to have to compensate in driving for these tires.

Thank you

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

taz2016

Reaction score
I have them on my 2019 but barely drove in the snow last winter. They are rated 7.1 (Good) for Winter/Snow at Tirerack. The "Good" range is 6.6 to 8.5. This is based on 31 million miles of user data.
When mine wear out I will replace them with Michelin Defender LTX M/S .

Boston

Reaction score
I've had them. I know GM also uses?used them on Escalades. They are fine in snow but get noisy when about 3/4 worn. Factory figment, I didn't buy again as they got nastily noisy once 3/4 worn.

RJS

Reaction score
My 19 Laramie has them and they are much better than the SRA's that came on my 14. I've driven them in snow and rain here in Michigan and they do about as well as you expect from a decent tire. Usually if I'm in heavy rain or snow I go to 4-Auto and drive accordingly. I'm a "fairly" aggressive driver and they haven't let me down yet.
Just don't overdrive them and you'll be fine.

c0mbatVet

Reaction score
My 19 Laramie has them and they are much better than the SRA's that came on my 14. I've driven them in snow and rain here in Michigan and they do about as well as you expect from a decent tire. Usually if I'm in heavy rain or snow I go to 4-Auto and drive accordingly. I'm a "fairly" aggressive driver and they haven't let me down yet.
Just don't overdrive them and you'll be fine.

I had a '14 1500 Express that came with the Dueler HL Alenzas and that truck was plain scary to drive in snow or slush, I lost control of it more than once even while driving slow and careful. There were plenty of times I had to drive my wife's old little Jeep Cherokee just to feel like I would make it to my destination safely. I had a '17 1500 Big Horn with Wrangler SR-A's that plowed through snow, slush and even my muddy crop fields just great. My experience couldn't be a more polar opposite. I do however live in an area where our snow is measured in feet.

Users who are viewing this thread