5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Break in oil

Spritle

Reaction score
People’s view on things can change likes the weather. I was just a bit curious. Service interval’s recommended by the manufacture are not necessarily what is best for the longevity of a vehicle. But i will be sure to not post an oil question again. Seems to trigger some people. 🤣
Nah, post whatever questions you want. Some people get annoyed, but they'll get happy in the same pants they got mad in.(y)

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m kind of curious of some owners look at their first oil change as the break in oil change to get the oil out after say 1000 miles.

I definitely do it with motorcycles.

I do. I don't think it's necessary at 1,000 miles. But I certainly DO NOT go 10,000 miles ever, especially for the very first one. Usually I dump the factory fill water oil at around 4,000ish and refill with quality oil of an appropriate viscosity for a V8 that works hard in a 5,600 lb. vehicle in 90 degree weather, and 0W20 ain't it.

Users who are viewing this thread