5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bread Crumbs on 12" display

VictoriaFarm

Reaction score
I have noticed that there are not any breadcrumbs displayed on my Nav system. Is there an option to enable that I have missed?

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have noticed that there are not any breadcrumbs displayed on my Nav system. Is there an option to enable that I have missed?

I've seen nothing in either manual about that being a function...

i'm lost, what are you trying to enable?

Basically this...

Home page > Services > About Us > Home page > Latest Newsletter > Home page > Page currently being viewed

knightro84

Reaction score
Breadcrumbs provide a trail of where you've been - most useful when you're off-road.

EDIT: I think I am thinking of the wrong "breadcrumb" lol - but as @Gondul said above, it basically shows what menus you navigated through to get to the current screen you are on, so instead of having to hit "back" a bunch of times, you can just click on the page you want to navigate back to directly.

This is an example of breadcrumbs on this forum: Capture.JPG

VictoriaFarm

Reaction score
Most GPSs show a series of dots on the screen that show where you have been. They show the past 50-100 miles. As knightro84 said, it is extremely helpful off-road, but even on city streets it is helpful. GPS will get you to a spot and it is convenient to follow the breadcrumb trail back out. I have never seen a Nav system that did not have this option.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've never seen an in-vehicle nav system ever keep track of where you've come from. They're entirely passive, unless you program a route. If you're going off-road, good luck with having a map or a route.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Correct. It seemed like you were fishing for a comment for something to use off road.

Zeeya

Reaction score
Thought someone had answered this a while back.
on 12 and 8.4 go to “where to”, at bottom on 12” display hit other destinations. Scroll all the way down to “ trails” hit that button. It will record route and you can save it for later use. Kind of sucks you have to go through all this, but I am able to save them for lease roads I travel on. Helps when working nights.

Mitragliatrice

Reaction score
Thought someone had answered this a while back.
on 12 and 8.4 go to “where to”, at bottom on 12” display hit other destinations. Scroll all the way down to “ trails” hit that button. It will record route and you can save it for later use. Kind of sucks you have to go through all this, but I am able to save them for lease roads I travel on. Helps when working nights.
Can you transfer these from old to new system I wonder? Or between two trucks so my buddy can follow a route I went on?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Zeeya

Reaction score
Not that I know of. My son in law dropped a pin for me the deer camp in Mississippi and I did the send and go. Sent the dropped pin to my truck. It brought me down some dirt roads right up to the camp, but I wouldn't know how to transfer one from one.

Users who are viewing this thread