5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brand new to owning a truck

Gio

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm from New Jersey and have had my new Ram for about 3 weeks now. I love the truck. Currently I bought tri-fold cover for the bed and that's it. I'm looking into getting the side step so that the wife doesn't keep complaining about jumping into the truck. There are so many designs that I can't see which one I want. I would've loved to have leather interior, but the one that I found didn't have it and the next trim would've been way over my price. I do see that there is a way to get leather aftermarket. I would be curious if anyone has done that. I'll have to search the forum for that.

My truck is a 2021 Ram 1500 BigHorn. 5.7L eTorque. Night Edition.

Yes, truck is dirty because it rained and haven't had a chance to get it washed.

Attachments

• 20201201_085902.jpg
    20201201_085902.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 50

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congratulations!! Beautiful color!

Pls add your truck's vitals to your signature when you have a moment. This makes it easier for other folks to help in case you have questions or concerns about your vehicle.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome! Check out katskinz, they make leather seat covers that replace the cloth and look great when installed properly.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new truck . I’ve heard good things about Katskinz .

Gio

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies. I'll definitely check Katskinz.

RobMills96

Reaction score
How do you like it as far as owning a truck? I’m looking to make the 5th gen my first truck as well.

BobK

Reaction score
I read this and had to stop and think "Did I write this post?" LOL
Got mine in November. Same model! Also first time truck owner! Loving it. :)
ALSO only thing I still have to add is running boards as well so the wife does not complain!

20201223_161048.jpg

Reactions: Gio

Gio

Reaction score
How do you like it as far as owning a truck? I’m looking to make the 5th gen my first truck as well.
I love my truck. I've always wanted one, but was stuck with a SUV so that I can drive the family around. After 160k miles I finally decided to look into trucks that would be ok for the family and well the rest is history. I like how it handles the road and how quiet is for an 8 cylinder truck. There is so much space in the crew cab that everyone is comfortable. The dogs have also plenty of space. I am glad to have pulled the trigger and get it.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awesome man - Word of advice with the Diamond Black....It’s always going to be dirty lol! Hope you continue to enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread