5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brand new orderd truck picked up 8/13 but quality control terrible.

Jkgsxr

Reaction score
Truck is going back into the body shop on 9/12. I hope everything is correct when it comes back this time. Fingers crossed.

Jkgsxr

Reaction score
So it's 9/17 picked up the truck today. I am so frustrated at this point, I got to the dealership and bad news it has to go back to the body shop again. This has been 3 weeks now since my delivery day of 8/13 I have not had my new truck and now it needs to go back to the body shop again for who knows how long. The spot on the passenger door where it was originally misaligned and made contact with the front fender, the fender side has still not been rectified. They did fix the door side but in the process got paint overspray on the fender flare which is just the white base coat. They fixed the hood for the second time but now right on the corner of the front fender right near where the hood closes is a visible spot which was touched up but is noticeable which I never saw previously. They had me take the truck so I can actually drive it for more than a week because that is the longest I have had it at this point, and they will make another body shop appointment. Officially both frustrated and let down with my special ordered truck.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So it's 9/17 picked up the truck today. I am so frustrated at this point, I got to the dealership and bad news it has to go back to the body shop again. This has been 3 weeks now since my delivery day of 8/13 I have not had my new truck and now it needs to go back to the body shop again for who knows how long. The spot on the passenger door where it was originally misaligned and made contact with the front fender, the fender side has still not been rectified. They did fix the door side but in the process got paint overspray on the fender flare which is just the white base coat. They fixed the hood for the second time but now right on the corner of the front fender right near where the hood closes is a visible spot which was touched up but is noticeable which I never saw previously. They had me take the truck so I can actually drive it for more than a week because that is the longest I have had it at this point, and they will make another body shop appointment. Officially both frustrated and let down with my special ordered truck.
I would request to take it to a body shop of your choosing and get away from the dealer body shop. They are obviously a sub par body shop.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I would force them to to a re-build.
Sucks they weren't able to resolve it.
Sounds like they are forcing you to drive it to have ownership time and put miles on it so when you get so fed up and want the truck rebuilt they can try and screw you over. You took "ownership" of the truck over a month ago at this point right?

It's your money and life but I would would still recommend to get all your money back and order something else. Mistakes happen and you just didn't get good luck and got a bad one, no company is perfect but it's crap that they had the nerve to give it to you knowing it wasn't nearly perfect like it should be. You are just going to continue to have headache, you aren't going to get it perfect taking a brand new truck to a body ship with chips in paint, overspray, cut leather seats, and more.
I would request to take it to a body shop of your choosing and get away from the dealer body shop. They are obviously a sub par body shop.
Lots of the time dealerships will use sub par shops to save money and tell the shop to do a bad job that will only last a few months, skipping primer, etc.
Definitely should have it taken to another shop and get a full quote to fix all the damage, and have the dealer pay that at this point.
Paint work is very expensive to be done right. I had to have a quarter panel painted and it was around $3000, and it was regular paint not special metal flank.
I have had other paint jobs for a few $$$ and they last a couple of years if even, and are done on old cars not a brand new one.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sucks they weren't able to resolve it.

Sounds like they are forcing you to drive it to have ownership time and put miles on it so when you get so fed up and want the truck rebuilt they can try and screw you over. You took "ownership" of the truck over a month ago at this point right?

It's your money and life but I would would still recommend to get all your money back and order something else. Mistakes happen and you just didn't get good luck and got a bad one, no company is perfect but it's crap that they had the nerve to give it to you knowing it wasn't nearly perfect like it should be. You are just going to continue to have headache, you aren't going to get it perfect taking a brand new truck to a body ship with chips in paint, overspray, cut leather seats, and more.

Lots of the time dealerships will use sub par shops to save money and tell the shop to do a bad job that will only last a few months, skipping primer, etc.
Definitely should have it taken to another shop and get a full quote to fix all the damage, and have the dealer pay that at this point.
Paint work is very expensive to be done right. I had to have a quarter panel painted and it was around $3000, and it was regular paint not special metal flank.
I have had other paint jobs for a few $$$ and they last a couple of years if even, and are done on old cars not a brand new one.
Most dealerships around me are part of one owner who owns multiple dealerships across multiple brands. They also all have their own internal body shop, so there is no outsourcing. They are in control of the quality of work and materials used.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Most dealerships around me are part of one owner who owns multiple dealerships across multiple brands. They also all have their own internal body shop, so there is no outsourcing. They are in control of the quality of work and materials used.
Around me nearly of them have any kind of body shops.
They preform mechanic work but ANY body work is outsourced. Even large chain dealerships only do mechanic work.

Come to think of it only Carmax around here has their own internal bodyshop.
All the dealerships here are scumbags with "no haggle pricing" among other tactics intended to screw the consumer too so that's likely why it extended to body work.

Users who are viewing this thread