5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brand new, help needed

Mickey Mangum

Reaction score
Brand new 2020 Laramie. Trying to connect phone to Uconnect. I'm told to press the button on the rearview mirror. There is no button on the rearview mirror. Is there a button one should press that anyone here knows of? Thanks!

Mickey Mangum

Reaction score
Thanks for the video! I guess I didn't really make my question clear. I'm trying to connect to the app where you can remote start, lock, etc. My mirror doesn't have an sos button.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the video! I guess I didn't really make my question clear. I'm trying to connect to the app where you can remote start, lock, etc. My mirror doesn't have an sos button.
Oh, yeah that's different. Lol. Not sure if this video is relevant to the DT Ram, but this is pretty much what I did with my Charger. I don't have the Guardian service on my Ram, but on my Charger it was VERY hit or miss. Fun to play around with at first, but not useful enough to pay for, and super frustrating to use even when it was free. Good luck!

Mickey Mangum

Reaction score
Thanks man! I appreciate it! I didn't think remote start or unlock was something I wanted to pay extra for anyway.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks man! I appreciate it! I didn't think remote start or unlock was something I wanted to pay extra for anyway.
Oops. Forgot to add the video. It doesn't hurt to set it up and do the free year. Who knows, maybe they have the bugs ironed out now (but I doubt it).

Kelan

Reaction score
When I purchased my used '19 1500 Sport I was told the app wasn't available to me because my truck was not equipped with Guardian connectivity. No SOS buttons should have been my clue, but I didn't notice until after the purchase. They said that was because mine is the Canadian-only Sport trim level. But maybe US trucks are produced the same way? I'm definitely not an expert. Just sharing what the dealership guy told me when I was trying to load the Uconnect app.

Reaction score
Can’t seem to get mine to work either. No sos button either. Haven’t bothered to try again to get it to work. Set up was easy in wife’s car. My truck just has a button on the back (windshield) side of the mirror. Maybe that’s it? My 17 had it facing the cabin.

Users who are viewing this thread