5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brand new 2025 Rebel will not start

perryjd

Reaction score
Need your help! Just bought a new 2025 Rebel yesterday (traded in my 2019 Rebel). When I went to start it this morning, the starter engages but the engine never fires. Could be something I'm doing wrong, IDK.
I was able to start it yesterday several times with no issue.

Anyone run into this and/or have any suggestions? I tried both fobs, tried touching the fob to the push button, tried remote start - all same results. The starter runs for about 5 seconds but the engine never fires.

Update: Update: Just went back out there and it started. SMH. Only thing I did was I noticed the light was on on the auto start-stop button on the dash (the one where you control if the engine turns off at a traffic light or not), so I hit that button before I tried. No idea if that even had anything to do with it. I almost feel like it may be some sort of anti-theft feature, but IDK.

Last edited:

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Call roadside assistance and have it towed to the nearest dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread