5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

brand New 2024 TRX Level 2 / Good deal?

Adam2019

Reaction score
Back looking at TRX’s again. Just can’t help it. Y’all think this is a good deal. $101K…..2024….Level 2.
Happy New Year to everyone!
Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_5419.jpeg
    IMG_5419.jpeg
    191.4 KB · Views: 124

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My honest opinion? Absolutely not. You're gonna pay 6 figures for a 1500 truck, I get it's got the big motor and it goes real fast. But that is just a crazy amount of money to spend on a vehicle. I get the cool factor, trust me. But, at the end of the day it doesn't matter what anyone on here thinks. It's your money, your truck, your payment lol.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would say the fact the dealer is willing to come down off full sticker price at all, on a final edition TRX, is a good deal. As long as it's within your budget, I'd say go for it. Just have to remember that budget needs to include higher insurance premiums, and higher fuel prices.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I would say the fact the dealer is willing to come down off full sticker price at all, on a final edition TRX, is a good deal. As long as it's within your budget, I'd say go for it. Just have to remember that budget needs to include higher insurance premiums, and higher fuel prices.
For what it's worth a Trx wasn't higher to insure for me. It's still a Ram 1500 pickup.
In fact Laramie was more expensive to insure then my fully loaded Limited (no idea why). About $100 more a year than a mid trim Silverado.

That Msrp is greatly inflated and you would of been around 96k msrp a year or 2 ago, but it's the last good trx that's going to get built. So you you got the money and are happy with the price as far as new is concerted I don't suspect you finding a better deal unfortunately.
I don't think I would ever buy a used trx, God knows what the previous owner did to the poor thing before dumping it.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
TRY and seal the deal today...year end and all. The price may go up tomorrow.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If your in the market and that's within your budget, go for it, at least you got a discount on the last supercharged V8 that will likely ever be in a RAM truck.

Dewey

Reaction score
Quit thinking about it and just buy it. Might even take less if you offer. Doesn’t hurt to ask.

There is a TRX on the lot locally and they’re not offering any discounts.

Adam2019

Reaction score
its great how everyone is on one side or the other with respect to the price. Is 100K too much for a truck…..hell yes it is! I can’t believe how expensive these things are. I own my 2019 Laramie and getting this would require giving them my truck and a bunch of cash too. With these being discontinued at the end of the Year and the end of the 6.2L Supercharged Hemi it seems almost certain that if I want one that bad I’m going To pay big $ to get it.

I’ve found several “lightly” used 2023 TRX Level 2 equipped trucks similar to this and they are all in mid-90’s.
thanks For everyone’s input!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It’s a good deal for a 2024 TRX. There’s not much ADM anymore on them, but $8k off of MSRP is pretty darn good.
For the record, this is NOT a Final Edition. Those have an MSRP of around $125k.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It’s a good deal for a 2024 TRX. There’s not much ADM anymore on them, but $8k off of MSRP is pretty darn good.
For the record, this is NOT a Final Edition. Those have an MSRP of around $125k.
I wonder what a** hole comes up with MSRP these days... 125k...

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I know it's not the officially badged "final edition" but I consider any 2024 model of the TRX a final edition as it's the last year for them.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I know it's not the officially badged "final edition" but I consider any 2024 model of the TRX a final edition as it's the last year for them.

@Eighty has officially named them the Peasant Edition.

$8k off MSRP for any 2024 TRX is a good deal. Better hurry up and get one before you're forced the buy the RHO (Removed Hellcat Option).

Last edited:

Adam2019

Reaction score
Alright folks,
One more time….i just can’t seem to let it go!
Measures 86” to the top of antenna…if I can fit it in my parking garage I might grab this one.
This one is a 2022 TRX, Level 2, pano sunroof….pretty much loaded out.
Has 2” level kit on front and 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers (100% New).
6300 Miles. 96K.
What do you think of the look of those 37” Nittos and wheel setup? Too big? Maybe swap out for 35’s?
Thx!

Attachments

• IMG_5586.jpeg
    IMG_5586.jpeg
    82.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5585.jpeg
    IMG_5585.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 28

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Alright folks,
Measures 86” to the top of antenna…if I can fit it in my parking garage I might grab this one.
6300 Miles. 96K.
What do you think of the look of those 37” Nittos and wheel setup? Too big? Maybe swap out for 35’s?
Thx!
That's a matter of personal preference, really. My opinion is that an offroad truck needs smaller wheels (18" looks perfect).

86" sounds about right for a 2" level and larger tires. You probably won't find many garages in urban environments that you'll fit in, though. Mine is a hair under 84" tall, and I have to pass on about 1/3 to 1/2 of the garages I come across (anything less than 7' clearance). You'll have to pass on anything less than (or possibly equal to) 7'-2".

Adam2019

Reaction score
That's a matter of personal preference, really. My opinion is that an offroad truck needs smaller wheels (18" looks perfect).

86" sounds about right for a 2" level and larger tires. You probably won't find many garages in urban environments that you'll fit in, though. Mine is a hair under 84" tall, and I have to pass on about 1/3 to 1/2 of the garages I come across (anything less than 7' clearance). You'll have to pass on anything less than (or possibly equal to) 7'-2".
Thanks for the feedback on the height. very helpful!

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Alright folks,
6300 Miles. 96K.
Thx!
I like the looks of that truck with those wheels\tires.
Those aren't OEM wheels either it looks like?

Pricing is all subjective now. If you can afford it and it's what you want I would go for it.
It's very expensive but I expect it to keep the resale value above 50k for a long time

Adam2019

Reaction score
20” Vossen’s….HF64. They are new brand to me…..I went with Fuel on my Laramie and love them.

Rebond

Reaction score
If you compare it to the price of the copycat Raptor R's, it's a steal.

Could always supercharge a 1500 5.7 for 10K.

Users who are viewing this thread