5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

brand new 2021 rebel stalls after 1100km

huan

Reaction score
bought a brand new 2021 rebel in the mid november, after two weeks (1100 km) the truck stalls while i was driving it. could not restart the engine, called ram roadside assistant. after about half hour when the tow truck driver came, he started the engine like nothing happened. then i drove the truck with tow driver behind me just in case it stalls again. after arrived in dealer, the deal could not find anything wrong then the dealer let me drove off. after about 3 km of driving, the truck stalled again. this time, when i felt the stalling, i drove off the main road and park the truck in a residential driveway. could not restart the truck like the first time. i called the dealer again and the dealer asked me to wait for 20 mins to restart. i waited about 20 min or so, then i restarted the truck without any issue. i then drove the truck back to dealer. the next morning, dealer called me saying the PCM was the problem but the OBD shows no code. the PCM is in back order and there is no ETA for it. only thing for sure is that it would not be fixed in 2020. the truck has been sitting at dealer since DEC 2.

Boston

Reaction score
I got part way through your post and s as I’d this is electronic or electrical.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum , sorry to hear about your issue . I know this probably doesn’t really make you feel better but what you’re experiencing isn’t common .

huan

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum , sorry to hear about your issue . I know this probably doesn’t really make you feel better but what you’re experiencing isn’t common .
the local dealer said they have not seen anything like this before. i said probably mine is the ground zero or patient zero. thanks anyway. i had a 2016 rebel before, no issue with it.

COSPILOT

Reaction score
Sounds identical to a fuel pump failure I had that would come back to life after sitting for a while. That was a Range Rover, but the vehicle manufacturer doesn’t matter, faulty parts happen.

huan

Reaction score
Sounds identical to a fuel pump failure I had that would come back to life after sitting for a while. That was a Range Rover, but the vehicle manufacturer doesn’t matter, faulty parts happen.
fuel pump was the first guess i had. but the dealer said it was not the pump. don't know if fuel pump failure will show any code? i also asked the dealer if it was purge valve, dealer said no. i had a range rover sport, which was perfect but later i traded it for a discovery 5, i end up replaced the car computer twice in the first year i own it. that's the major reason i traded the discovery for the rebel. can't believe not-breaking-down on the road becomes the priority concern after a hundred or so years mass production of cars..

huan

Reaction score
fuel pump was the first guess i had. but the dealer said it was not the pump. don't know if fuel pump failure will show any code? i also asked the dealer if it was purge valve, dealer said no. i had a range rover sport, which was perfect but later i traded it for a discovery 5, i end up replaced the car computer twice in the first year i own it. that's the major reason i traded the discovery for the rebel. can't believe not-breaking-down on the road becomes the priority concern after a hundred or so years mass production of cars..
the truck won't stall doesn't matter how long i put it on idle speed. but a few mins of driving, then the engine will quietly shut down. can that be possible the driving can over heat the fuel pump, so it shut itself down to cool?

Users who are viewing this thread