5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Braking/Suspension Squeaking noise (Driver side wheel)

PROJO

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2020 Ram Rebel (5.7 litre)

I've noticed a squeaking noise coming from the front driver wheel side - whenever, I would brake or going over bumps. Would anyone know what the cause of this is, and is it a common issue? Also, would the warranty fix this issue?

Thank you, in advance

Will21478

Reaction score
I have a 2020 bighorn doing the same thing was doing it when I bought it 2 months ago and still at 3400 miles still happening. Sounds like a bird chirp.

brewmastr

Reaction score
Same, I need to take mine into the shop. Just have not bothered as my local dealership is terrible.

My_first_RAM

Reaction score
Same issue here. I’ve got an awesome local dealer and I lift with the service manager. Taking it in in a couple weeks for first oil change and will look at it then.

PROJO

Reaction score
Same issue here. I’ve got an awesome local dealer and I lift with the service manager. Taking it in in a couple weeks for first oil change and will look at it then.
Let us know, how it goes - interested to see what the issue is, and if the warranty will cover it.

PROJO

Reaction score
Threw the bilsteins away and put in some King Coilovers. Obviously that's not a good solution for everyone but it didn't bug me much tbh.
So, the front bilsteins - were the issue? I'm purhcasing some bilstein 5100s for the front, I'm wondering if that'll fix the issue

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, the front bilsteins - were the issue? I'm purhcasing some bilstein 5100s for the front, I'm wondering if that'll fix the issue
Actually u know what. I thought it went away but I was offroading with my windows down the other day and I still noticed it lol. Its just not as loud. Now I'm curious as to what is making that noise since I have new upper control arms and coilovers up front. I was thinking they were the bilstein bump stops

PROJO

Reaction score
Actually u know what. I thought it went away but I was offroading with my windows down the other day and I still noticed it lol. Its just not as loud. Now I'm curious as to what is making that noise since I have new upper control arms and coilovers up front. I was thinking they were the bilstein bump stops

It sounds like something that also, touches the brake pads - as it squeaks too, when I apply the brakes.

RumRam

Reaction score
Same issue here. Just a small "chirp" front drivers side when going over small bumps. Not enough for major concern, just enough to annoy. Guess I'll have dealer check it out at my first oil change.

JBFRebel20

Reaction score
I just installed a set of running boards today and my truck has just under 600 miles on it and the LF axle boot is busted or cut slinging axle grease all over the place. Might want to take a look under there, I am calling the dealer Monday to schedule a time to take the truck in.

kiesey

Reaction score
Same. It’s when you press the brakes, and release the brakes. Try it in a drive-through. You can hear it bounce off the wall. I guess it’s some tensioning with the brake lines?

Users who are viewing this thread