5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brakes

Zplott

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for better brakes for a 2021 Laramie Sport. I just feel like the stock brakes are too spongy.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There must be something wrong with your brakes. This truck has the strongest brakes of any vehicle that I have driven.

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn’t see Dodge / Ram listed but you can’t do any better then Bill Wood.

The thing that always makes me scared about modifying some major system is if you are broke down and need parts.

Almost any town is going to have Ram dealer who can fix it or at least Wally can drive over to Mount Pilot to the local NAPA store to get you back on the road.

Install a specialized brake system and you might be stuck in the Bates Motel in Fairvale, CA for a few days waiting on the bus to bring in your parts.

Last edited:

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I didn’t see Dodge / Ram listed but you can’t do any better then Bill Wood.

The thing that always makes me scared about modifying some major system is if you are broke down and need parts.

Almost any town is going to have Ram dealer who can fix it or at least Wally can drive over to Mount Pilot to the local NAPA store to get you back on the road.

Install a specialized brake system and you might be stuck in the Bates Motel in Fairvale, CA for a few days waiting on the bus to bring in your parts.

Auto correct from Wilwood to Bill Wood? o_O

pitcru

Reaction score
First thing to do is get it back to the dealer and have them bled. You probably have some air in the system. I have a 2021 Laramie Sport and the brakes are fantastic!
Please post what you find out about the problem.

Goldsy

Reaction score
I find the stock brakes on my 21 Limited very good. Not spongy at all. They aren't as good as the brakes on my old 18 Titan though (those brakes would throw you through the windshield if you came hard on to them). I'd get them bled before I'd consider changing brakes. New brakes won't fix anything if there is air in the system, you'll just have spongy new brakes.

Users who are viewing this thread