5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brake upgrade f/new lift and tires 35’s

murlanboy

Reaction score
Recently got a 6in lift with 35’s has anyone upgrades their brakes? If so who did you go with? Thanks I’m advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
Not yet, but I will be in the next 6 months or year. I had some Powerstop Z series on a previous truck and I really liked them. Put about 60k miles with no issues.

ya3coub

Reaction score
I would like to do a brake upgrade disks and rotors only not calipers, as I still want to use the 18" wheels.

many forum members recommend the power stop and R1

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you aren't changing the size of the rotors, or going with 4+ piston calipers, changing rotors and pads isn't really an "upgrade", that's just normal maintenance.

ya3coub

Reaction score
If you aren't changing the size of the rotors, or going with 4+ piston calipers, changing rotors and pads isn't really an "upgrade", that's just normal maintenance.
If you know an upgrade that can still allow 18” wheels fitment, I’m very interested.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you know an upgrade that can still allow 18” wheels fitment, I’m very interested.
There isn't one because you are limited to 18" wheels already due to brake size. And some aftermarket 18" wheels don't even fit. You can change pads and rotors all day long, but neither will increase the surface area of the rotors or pads, which is what is really needed for better stopping.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
But just think. 10 years ago, 15" wheels were still common and brakes were sized accordingly. So really our current brakes are way better than before.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
just saw a guy who put some wildwood brakes and has 17 inch rims … a bit of modification but it was done

IndianaRam

Reaction score
This company makes a kit for our trucks. Was thinking about upgrading to them but my brakes are still good at 80k, so I'm waiting till I need to replace. Email them if you have any questions. They will send you a wheel fitment PDF so you can check if the kit will clear your wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread