5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brake service feature in menu?

Thewrangler73

Reaction score
In the uconnect menus under brakes there is a menu option that lets you do brake service. I went through it, but I'm not sure what exactly its purpose is. Anybody know?

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It's more for the when the mechanics service your brakes they don't want the parking brake engaging.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
In the uconnect menus under brakes there is a menu option that lets you do brake service. I went through it, but I'm not sure what exactly its purpose is. Anybody know?
See page 297 of your owner’s manual; this retracts the electric park brake actuator.

thsmith1968

Reaction score
I saw that menu on the Uconnect screen as well. Thanks. I was wondering that myself.

tac63

Reaction score
Just a word of experience, as I used this feature when I needed to replace brakes on my 19, getting it to release is a hassle. Engaging the feature is just as it says in the manual and simple enough. However when I got finished as hit the button to go back to normal, I had multiple service ABS messages, service stability control, etc etc. I ended up after hours of work including disconnecting the battery and reconnecting having to take the truck out for about a 5 mile drive with some hard stops then everything went back to normal. Just my experience.

atxmike

Reaction score
It seems on my 2019, I needed to click in the seat belt for it to show on the menu.

Users who are viewing this thread