5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brake Replacement?

Repsol69

Reaction score
How many miles do brakes normally last?? I have 75,000 on my 2019 1500 and still running the original pads.. I.m starting to get a little noise first thing it the morning backing out of my driveway....thx

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How many miles do brakes normally last?? I have 75,000 on my 2019 1500 and still running the original pads.. I.m starting to get a little noise first thing it the morning backing out of my driveway....thx
Depends on how you drive. Some people will burn through brakes cause the others. There is a reason brake pads are considered a "wear item" and not covered under warranty.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
76k and about 40% left on the pads.
The brake moan TSB kit never completely resolved the problem, still has a slight noise backing up in the morning.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I changed mine at 112K. The rears were at 10% remaining, the fronts were easily still 50%+ still remaining...that surprised me. I replaced with premium level from Advance Auto and I am VERY pleasantly surprised with the performance...definitely better than OEM. And my brake moan kit works perfectly, I get no moan whatsoever. If you still have the noise I'd try to tighten all the bolts a bit more.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
75k is great on oem pads imo. I wouldn't bat an eye replacing those, it's cheap parts and you can do it yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread